X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbarata
    • Feb 2003

My RSP-1066 just died !!!

Today when I started manually turning on my Rotel Combo, as usually do, RSP-1066 only showed the blue power lamp, but no information on the display.

At first I was convinced that it was in standby mode, but later using the remote control, I tried without success to switch the unit on (Power on/off).

Turning it on and off, using the main switch gives always the same result, a blue light near power button, but no info on display and no sound.

Should I service it right now or try something else?
    :M
    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Unplug for 10 minutes, plug back in re-try.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• pbarata
      • Feb 2003

Azeke, just did it but the problem persists.

Thx
      Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
      Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

Try disconnecting the mains too and reboot after a couple of minutes, plugging back in the power cord, pushing in the front power button, and powering on using the remote.

Comment

• pbarata
          • Feb 2003

Will, I did that too but no way. I've also tried to get any information through the RS-232 port, setting the dip switches to the ON position, but also here any sign whatsoever.

Thx!
          Last edited by pbarata; 23 April 2005, 16:44 Saturday.

Comment

• will1066
            • Aug 2003

Sorry to hear. Maybe someone will have an idea.

Comment

• pbarata
              • Feb 2003

After almost 8 moths later my RSP-1066 is back home. I confess that I almost lost my patience but I had to wait for a new processor board, the original one stopped working making my unit completely inoperable. Artaudio, the Portuguese dealer for Portugal were so kind to borrow me a Rotel RSX-985 meanwhile. They also made the repair complete free of charge. As far as I know, that was the first unit to get a repair in Portugal. Now everything seams fine and I’ve really missed the clear and detailed sound of RSP-1066, even for music listening.

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Wonderful news, Pbarata, glad things worked out for you. Thumbs up to your dealer that is what I call quality service :T .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"