X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boso
    • Apr 2005

Upgrading RSP-1098

I have just upgraded my RSP- 1098 with the new EPROM (romupdate1,2,3,4) and also to software v2.1.8. Everything went well. Made the reset. Everything looks good. But when I was going to use the system no sound!
    The test tone is working.
    Does anyone have a idea what has gone wrong?
    Regards
    Boso
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Do analog inputs work correctly? Some people have had their digital boards fail with the Eeprom update.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Boso
      • Apr 2005

Rsp 1098

I have to move the cords to multi input and mode in bypass Than I get sound from the source. No other inputs for audio is working. Even if I change to analog in input meny nothing is happening.
      Do you know if it's possible to get a new EPROM update? or Erase the new one?
      Boso

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

You can email tech support and they will send you an older rev. if one is not available on their web site.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
          • May 2004

make sure you selected the correct digital input either coax or optical..... :B

Comment

• Boso
            • Apr 2005

Guy's I have done all correct. Thanks for you advise. I also have been in contact to Rotel and they just say you have to contact a dealer. I think it's strange , First they market the product that you can upgrade your unit and than they also publish upgrades on the net. But when you have problem they can't give you any answer. I bought Rotel products for $8000 in Nov. 04. I am a little bit disapointed with their support. I also discovered They have different upgrades in N.A and global. Very strange. Seems the company doesn't know what they are doing. Maybe could it be they produce all in China to low cost and have a huge margin ande have no control.
            Rotel again ?
            Regards
            Bo

Comment

• TunerX
              • Apr 2005

I had a glitch when i updated my 1066, i would say first set factory defaults and unplug the sucker from the wall for a few and toggle the power switch to off.... then plug it in and test again. If not then I would take it back to my dealer for a
              Repair/Replace

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

I would first try TunerX suggestion, seems the easiest at this point.

If that doesn't work I would actually, start from the beginning, and reload the firmware in proper sequence (including the eprom), following the instructions to the letter. At this point you don't have anything to lose.

Ensure you are using the proper cabling, and the lastest MTTY program.

If none of this works, your dealer is the next option.

Keep us posted.

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• Boso
                  • Apr 2005

I did the Tuner X suggestion and it didn't help. I used the latest Flash up program.To update EPROM you need this program not the MTTY program. I think the EPROM update are where I have the problem. I have tried to make a new EPROM update with the Flash Up program and to complicate it a little bit more now the processor doesn't accept to upgrade the EPROM again.
                  I talked to a service engineer and probably the EPROM have got a break. You can't do nothing only to change the EPROM.
                  The strange thing is that the instructions from Rotel how to upgrade are not very clear. So a little warning regarding EPROM updating.
                  The only solution I have is to send it back to the dealer.
                  Thank you all for your support.
                  Regards
                  Bo

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"