X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyroponic
    • Apr 2005

Possible change over to Rotel separates

Hello, i'm new to this forum and have a quick question. Before I begin, let me describe my system:

TV: Panasonic PT-50LC14 50" rear-project HDTV
    DVD player: Denon DVD-2900

Preamp/Processor: NAD T163
    Amplifer: NAD S250

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7 x 2
    Center: Klipsch RC-7
    Surrounds: Klipsch RB-75 x 2
    Subwoofer: Klipsch RSW-15
    (all cherry)

Anyways, i'm having significant noise issues with both NAD components unrelated with grounding issues, so I will be returning them. My friend who works at a authorized Rotel dealer can get me a RSP-1068 pre/pro and RMB-1095 amplifer for $2775.00, new and warrantied. Do you guys think this is a good move? I hear the RMB-1095 has hum issues and I want to make sure this can be fixed if it has one or significantly reduced with a line conditioner.

Responses are appreciated,
    John
  • Cracking Oboe
    • May 2004

Hi John,

I was a big fan of NAD for years. However I fell off the band wagon when they started sticking in noisy cooling fans, and producing significant hum (along with some significant repair/service problems). I switched to the Rotel 1068/1095 combo with pleasing results :T . I pick up a minor buzz from the 1095 if I stick my ear right up to the speaker, but it is not an issue compared to the noise I had to contend with from my NAD. I love the sound of my Rotel equipment.
    I would be shocked to hear you regretted the change. So to answer your question... IMHO... No... it's not a good move, it's a great move!

Cracking!

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
      • Apr 2005

For that price, don't walk RUN!

I have a feeling you're in for a pleasant surprise.
      The Rotel guys are savvy software guys, you'll love the "interface and set-up" and don't even get me started about the sound.

All the Rotel stuff is "tweaked" for sound quality in Worthing England, and let me tell you, those guys are fussy about sound quality.

They are very interested in the total experience as well, ease of use and pure sound joy.

Very British and yet very practical, you'll have a lot of fun with it.
      -Andrew Ward

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

John

I have Rotel paired with Klipsch Reference 7 series and I KNOW you're in for a pleasant surprise.... The synergy between Rotel and Klipsch is legendary.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• ekkoville
          • Aug 2004

The quoted price for new is a great surprise. The $2775 is $500 less than I paid in Sept. I would take it.

Comment

• pyroponic
            • Apr 2005

Thanks guys! :T

Yeah he's cutting me a great deal, I think the original price was like $3700 and the shop would normally sell the combo for like $3450 or something after tax. Anyways, i'm looking forward the switchover, i'll let you guys know how it turns out!

John

Comment

• KathyMason
              • Nov 2004

Jerry is so right, I'll second that! Rotel and Klipsch go wonderful together. I'm running all Rotel equip... amp, pre, and CD with my Klipsch RF-7 speakers and like many have said here already, the sound combo is very stunning!
              I've been in blitz music heaven since. I had a couple of other amps that I tried and neither of them gave me the great stunning sound that the Rotel gives to the Klipsch RF-7's. I'm very happy I found out about the Rotel and Klipsch combo from the great help I got here and Klipsch forum about how well they go together. Have fun and let us know how you like it too! :T

Comment

• pyroponic
                • Apr 2005

I'm glad you like your speakers, mine are fairly new and I haven't had a chance to use them much due to problems with the NAD stuff. I'm guessing they sound even better when you put some hours on them. My dealer ordered the stuff from Rotel which should get here in a week, I can't wait!

I was looking at your profile and it looks like you run a RB-1090 for a 2-channel setup, how does the RF-7 do with that beast of an amplifer?

Comment

• DrJRapp
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by pyroponic
                  I was looking at your profile and it looks like you run a RB-1090 for a 2-channel setup, how does the RF-7 do with that beast of an amplifer?
                  I know that wasn't directed at me but I feel compelled to answer. I run an RB 1080 power my RF7s in a monster sized room and the 1080 and my 2 RF7s can make my ears bleed without clipping. The 1080 is comparable to 2 channels of your forthcoming 1095. Figure the 1090 at about 2.5 db higher....lol
                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• H.Donald
                    • Aug 2004

2775.00...I paid around $3400.I love my 1068/1095...at that price I would love it even more.

Comment

• ekkoville
                      • Aug 2004

pyroponic, I noticed you have the RB-75 and I had considered them for fronts if I went the bookshelf/stand routine. What is your thoughts on their overall sound?

Erik

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"