X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiki
    • Sep 2004

6 months 1068&1075 die

Seen like lots of people having problem with the 1068 lately, what is wrong ???

I had my for 6 months, only use it in the weekend, and now there are no sound from the center channel. Send back to the retailer, they not helpful at all, so have to send the 1068 & 1075 to the distributor myself. The staff there tell me it takes around 3-4 working days to fixed, and now it's almost 3 weeks, I call almost every 2nd day to check and yesterday they finally have a chance to look at my unit, and told me it take 12 WEEKS !!!!!!!!! 8O wait for the parts they required :roll:

I think all this is really bull sh@t, we talking about expensive HT components here, I save so long to buy the Rotel components, at least when something happen to the units, good services MUST be carry out to mantained the good name of Rotel. However, from the event I experience with Rotel HT components, Rotel retailer, and even the distributor is BAD !!!

I believe Rotel is a very good brand and their products won lots of prizes around the world, but bad retailer, distributor and BAD services :M can really destroy Rotel.

Am I being unreasonable here because my HT break down, someone PLEASE tell me what to do or I should just keep quiet and WAIT.
    Last edited by kiki; 05 April 2005, 09:51 Tuesday.
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

The dealer you bought from should have replaced it for you. My dealer said he would replace the unit if it became defective within 2 years of purchase. They have already replaced one 1056 the same day I mentioned I had a problem. After two years they said they will have it fixed within a reasonable time frame (one to two weeks) or agian replace it. I thought that was pretty common with high end dealers (Rotel is their entry level stuff) but I guess not.
    I was recommended to my dealer by a freind and a co-worker because they said the level of service is excellent - even a one year trade up at full purchase price - and so far they have been right.
    I would fight harder to get it either fixed faster or replaced. You did not spend that kind of money to have it sitting in some guys shop. Contact Rotel directly if need be.

Comment

• kiki
      • Sep 2004

Thanks kens1, My retailer he told me there is no way he going to replace one for me, what a liar, he told me he will replace one for me if the equipment got any problem, and now he refuse to do it. I complain that retailer to the distributer. I will talk to the distributor in Australia, and try to push them to do something.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

It seems like Rotels dealers/distributors in Oz really aren't up to par with what we see on our side of the pond :M

Comment

• kiki
          • Sep 2004

I just email Rotel, hopefuly getting their reply soon and I'll post the respone here.

Comment

• dmcgowan
            • Sep 2003

Kiki,

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 1068 - would you mind IM'ing me with the name of this dealer - want to make sure I DON'T buy from them.

cheers,

Darren

Comment

• kiki
              • Sep 2004

RIO in Victoria

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Kiki,

Do you know is it the RMB-1075 or the RSP-1068 that has the problem?

Then I'd go and see International Dynamics (the Australia Distributor) who are just near you at:
                129 Palmer Street, Richmond. Melway Map 2H F6.
                Service Dept Hours 9am to 4.30pm Mon - Fri
                Phone Hours: 9am 5pm Mon - Fri
                Telephone: (03) 9429 0822

Explain your problem.

Ask for Michael Thornton Smith if you need too. They should be able to help.

Geoff

Comment

• kiki
                  • Sep 2004

Thanks for your reply.

I send the 1068 and 1075 to International Dynamic 3 weeks ago, and 2 days ago they told me that is the 1068 has problem, and need to wait 12 weeks for the parts.

This morning I call again, talk to Steve, and told him the wait is unreasonable and request for a new unit, and he need to speak to someone can decide either fixing or replace the unit, still wait for his call back. However, tomorrow I'll go there and see if I can get a replace units.

Comment

• dermie999
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                    It seems like Rotels dealers/distributors in Oz really aren't up to par with what we see on our side of the pond :M
                    Yes it seems that way Andrew. There are however some very good dealers who have been identified in other threads. My dealer has been excellent all the way. Its a shame the bad ones are the only ones to get the publicity

Comment

• kiki
                      • Sep 2004

Klapp and Frankston are the good one, and many of their customer recommended peopel to go there, and talk about them in this forum.

Rio to me is a bad one, maybe to someother people(maybe they have no problem with their equipments) is a good retailer.

Going to the Rotel distributor later today, and will keep all of you update of how the Rotel distributor in AUS handle their customer.

Still waiting a reply from the Rotel head office regarding the defected equipments.

Comment

• kiki
                        • Sep 2004

today I went to International Dynamic and spoke to Steve, they will try to swap the main board of the 1068 from another new damage(outside) 1068 for me if he can find one or wait for 2 weeks for a brand new one. I think I will wait for the brand new one. While waiting, he will look around the retailers in VIC if anyone have the brand new 1068 for me.

At least he is very helpful and really look into my problem. :T for Steve.

Comment

• Azeke
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2003

Great news Kiki. I would wait for the brand new board, to minimize frustrations in the future.

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• kiki
                            • Sep 2004

I called Steve this morning and he said within 2 weeks there will be brand new 1068 coming in, and he will replace my with a brand new one. Thanks Steve, BAD RIO

Still no replay from ROTEL head office, ??? :cry:

Comment

• Stevebez
                              • Oct 2003

Thats better ... I dunno if I would be happy with a board from another unit ....

Rgds Steve

Comment

• kiki
                                • Sep 2004

Its not a board, he will replace my 1068 with a totally brand new one.

sorry for my poor english, ^__^

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2003

Kiki,

I'm gald you took the advice and went to International Dynamics - (although far from perfect) they are usally good to deal with direct - its the some of the dealers that can be interesting... A good dealer is worth sharing round and looking after!

Geoff

Comment

• kiki
                                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
                                    Kiki,

(although far from perfect)

Geoff
                                    What do you think they can do better? Thanks for your advices.

Comment

• lars
                                      • Feb 2005

In my industry, dealers and certainly distributors are expected to stock spares sufficient to provide the level of service appropriate for what they're selling.

I would be rather surprised if Rotel isn't actually requiring vendors/distributors to stock certain levels of equipment in order to retain their reseller/distributor relationship.

- Lars

Comment

• rnoble
                                        • Sep 2004

Yes Andrew I'm afraid many HT dealers in Aus are nothing more than bandits and this unfortunately includes (some) Rotel dealers. I just recently had E-home, another Rotel dealer, have me drive all the way over town to demo an RSP1068 only to find it wasn't working when I got there.

However! I have had friends with very good experiences from Klapp and Frankston HiFi (where their equipment was basically swapped over on the spot no questions asked) Kiki so next time you might want to try them.

Also I think your very first post Kiki would make the basis for a nice eloquent letter to whomever is in charge at International Dynamics. Although it's within Rio's rights to repair before replacement it's not within the spirit of Rotel service is it?

Anyway I hope you get some satisfaction, there's nothing worse than spending all that money only to have your system sit their looking pretty with no sound. urghhh!

Cheers

Comment

• TonyStarks
                                          • Aug 2003

Kiki,

Sorry to hear the trouble you are going through, I have had a problem with my 1098 and steve from international dynamics helped me out a lot, he replaced my unit within 1 week. I go through Encel, and have not had 1 problem with them, I manly speak to only 1 person at ecncel and his name is charles, i have been dealing woth him for about 3 years now and always very helpful. At the moment he is based at the new chapel st store in pharan. Charles is very helpful, I suggest you speak to him in future regarding rotel gear. The good news is you are getting a new unit which is the main thing.

Good Luck.

Comment

• kiki
                                            • Sep 2004

people here are all very helpful and giving very good advices. Reading threads here is one of the thing i must do everyday, HT guide is part of my everyday life !!! heee
                                            thanks you all ^__^

Comment

• kiki
                                              • Sep 2004

Still waiting for rotel in aus to call me, one week to go. Rotel in US never reply, or maybe they dont take care of problem out side US.

Comment

• TonyStarks
                                                • Aug 2003

Kiki,

Best thing to do is keep on pestering international dynamics.

Comment

• kiki
                                                  • Sep 2004

Pestering... hmmm steve told me around 20 April, so will call him around that time. Hope i'll get my gears.

Comment

• kiki
                                                    • Sep 2004

Called steve today and he promise next tuesday !!! is a long wait but finally i can get my baby back, a new baby actually !!!

Comment

• Lex
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Apr 2001

Kiki, please edit your profile and put what country you are in, or at least edit your first post and include your country, so everyone knows what country the problem is in. We are a primary US forum, so international problems should be designated.

Goodluck with your system repair.

Thanks,
                                                      Doug
                                                      Doug
                                                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• kiki
                                                        • Sep 2004

International Dynamics is the distributor in australia, in Melbourne. And i wrote 5 emails to Rotel head office in US, and no one reply!!??? Rotel think that any Rotel out of US is not their problem, hmmm... or at least reply and say 'WE DONT CARE' !!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Aug 2000

The problem isn't that they don't care but they really can't help that much unless its a setup problem...even then global politics are at play and the european and Oz guys aren't fond of Rotel North America getting involved with problems in their own back yard.

Comment

• kiki
                                                            • Sep 2004

Do you think is a good idea to upgrade to 1098??? it will cost another AUD$1900 to change from 1068 to 1098. I compare the 2 units specs, very similar and 1098 with a little screen. should i just stay with the 1068? i really want to move to something else when my friend's and my 1068 broken!!!

Comment

• kiki
                                                              • Sep 2004

Anyone, should I get the 1098?

Comment

• Spearmint
                                                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by kiki
                                                                Anyone, should I get the 1098?
                                                                Hi Kiki

I rang International Dynamics yesterday as a mate of mine is waiting for a replacement 1068, and I was told the new units were being cleared by customs, and dealers should be receiving their stock either later this week or early next week.

Regarding going up to the 1098, I have one of these and do find it good, wether it justifies the extra $1900AUD you quoted I don’t think so.

If you are only looking at changing for reliability reasons I believe there have also been some troublesome 1098’s over the years, maybe you should wait a couple more days for a new 1068 (which maybe a new revision) and spend the money on some other toy.
                                                                Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• kiki
                                                                  • Sep 2004

yes, the brand new 1068 is in. Steve from Internation Dynamic call me and say is ready to pick up and i just hold on on the units and thinking of getting the 1098. how if pay extra AUD$1500 for 1098?

Comment

• booktrunk
                                                                    • Aug 2004

Just a comment on the original point of this thread on reliability.

I'm sorry but it's not true that Rotel have problems and others not... If you look at similar forums for say Denon, you will see there have been no end of problems over they years with the DVD Players for example...

All manufacturers have some problems, and usually these are magnified because here for example it's probably the worlds best forum for Rotel so nearly everyone online with their Rotels come here... (English speaking) now that is a hell of a wide catchment area of course you are going to hear moans and gripes... It's inevitable.

So a few are broken... double the price and don't build em in China might get 1 - 2% better reliabitily but you gotta pay twice the cost. They don't have 100% reliability but from all the AV type Forums i've been on they are no worse than any other manufacturer, and quite a bit better than some.

Steff
                                                                    "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• Spearmint
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Sep 2004

yes, the brand new 1068 is in. Steve from Internation Dynamic call me and say is ready to pick up and i just hold on on the units and thinking of getting the 1098. how if pay extra AUD$1500 for 1098?
                                                                      Kiki,

Only you can answer this question if you want to invest another $1500 to upgrade to the 1098. In my case I changed over from a Denon 3805 all because I decided to get back into 2ch music, so I invested in the RCD-1072 wasn’t happy with this and the Denon, decided I would go Rotel and figured why not go for something up market, guess what great unit still not 100% happy, so then I invested in an outboard DAC – now I am very happy with my 2ch setup although a very expensive (for me) upgrade in the end.

I must admit the 1098 is a great unit although only you can justify the extra expense because from what I have read the difference in subjective audio quality between the 1068 and 1098 is in the order of a few percent. BTW I have nothing to back this claim up only from things that I have read, and listening to dealers and other owners etc.
                                                                      Richard

Comment

• kiki
                                                                        • Sep 2004

the extra AUS$1500 is lots for me and im happy to pay it for a better one, but not sure... hmm, dont really like 1068, cos it broken b4, like the look of 1098, that all... hmm. not sure...

1098 owner !!! can you tell me what you think about 1098??? you can upgrade via PCI slot in the future izzit? have any of you upgarde anything? thanks

Comment

• Lex
                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                          • Apr 2001
                                                                          • 27461

Steff, I agree pretty much with what you said. The problems are more magnified than all the good service. Also, a lot of people come looking for help when they have problems. So, that's how a lot of issues are raised up the pole here. That does not lessen their problems. It just says, we see a lot of them relative to the sold units because of the strong position of Club Rotel. Likely, for every 5 people that come in here with a problem, there's 95 out there out of a 100 without problems. Yeah, some of those come here to talk to, but certainly not all of them. Maybe 3% of Rotel owners come here. If 1 % of those have problems as a reason to find us. It sure makes the problem percentage seem high. (all guesswork on the numbers) I have no idea actually what the numbers are. It may only be .001% of Rotel's market share that actually come to the forum at all, I don't know.
                                                                          Doug
                                                                          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ds22030
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Sep 2004
                                                                            • 109

Steff and Lex, I agree with you guys generally regarding representation....However, I cant ignore the fact that many here have had many issues with their rotel replacements as well....people on their third 1068? third 1080s? Persons also having different issues with each of their pieces? That, to me says there are issues with Rotel QC in general...I almost pulled a trigger on a Marantz unit this weekend but I really want a Rotel 1056 or 1068...I am just waiting longer in the hope that much of the issues will pass....

Regarding Denon, yes they have many problems but in terms of #, I am sure Denon outsells Rotel by a huge margin... but I tend to agree, Denon appears to have QC issues as well....Out of the low/midfi manuf., I get the impression that Yamaha has the best QC....too bad they dont sound better...

my 2 cents.

Comment

• NewBuyer
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Feb 2005
                                                                              • 122

#39
                                                                              The real difficulty here is that we don't really know if the problems posted here are representative. It may be true that those with problems come here to find the answers, so that problems get over-represented. Or, it may simply be that those who are interested in the Rotel brand come here, get recommendations, and then have problems with their gear - which would indicate a much larger quality control issue going on, regardless of how much we wish to ignore it.

As everyone probably realizes, it is also true that for every person with a problem that posts here, there could easily be hundreds or thousands of other people with problems that do not post here. Tip of the iceberg, as they say...

Comment

• kiki
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Sep 2004
                                                                                • 89

#40
                                                                                IMO all electronic equiepment have problems, no matter it's a $200 unit or a $20,000 unit. In the end, it come down to a local service deparment to carry out the after sale service, that count.
                                                                                In Aus, when my unit 1068 broken, my local dealer doesnt want to help at all, not even trying and i can only turn to the distributor (Internation Dynamics) myself, and they (Stevephen and Nick) are very helpful (they replace a brand new 1068 for me), which bring my trust back to rotel.
                                                                                Now Steve arrange a new 1098 for me, I can pick it up anytime if I'm happy with the price he quote. I really aprriciated that the rotel distributor in Aus is very good, Thanks.
                                                                                To those who thinking of getting rotel in Aus, you can just go for it, you'll be SAVE !!!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Oct 2003
                                                                                  • 1914

#41
                                                                                  Kiki,

Thanks for the update - it's good to see International Dynamics do the right thing for you (I've found them good when I've directed others with dealer problems to them - they just step in and solve the issue a bit like Rotel in the USA).

Re the dealer - well (sadly) there are some not so good dealer arround and others (like mine in Perth - Vince Ross Audio) that are just great to deal with and replace no quesitons asked or provide loan units.. Hopefully the good and bad dealer posts in this thread will help fellow Aussies pick a winner!

Geoff

Comment

• dermie999
                                                                                    Member
                                                                                    • Jul 2004
                                                                                    • 96

#42
                                                                                    The problem isn't that they don't care but they really can't help that much unless its a setup problem...even then global politics are at play and the european and Oz guys aren't fond of Rotel North America getting involved with problems in their own back yard.
                                                                                    Point taken Andrew but the fact is Rotel do make money out of sales to us here in Australia and even an email to acknowledge that they noted kikis problem and referring him to the Australian distributor would at least show they care. Perception is after all reality.

Trevor

Comment

• kiki
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2004
                                                                                      • 89

#43
                                                                                      I pick up the 1098 from Internation Dynamics, hook up and driving my 705 +htm7, it is a lot better :B wider soundtage, more smooth bass. Before with the 1068, the bass sound very thin, now with 1098 for setereo, i'm quite happy without a sub, cool.

Comment

• Spearmint
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Sep 2004
                                                                                        • 333

#44
                                                                                        I pick up the 1098 from Internation Dynamics, hook up and driving my 705 +htm7, it is a lot better :B wider soundtage, more smooth bass. Before with the 1068, the bass sound very thin, now with 1098 for setereo, i'm quite happy without a sub, cool.
                                                                                        Congratulations Kiki, as long as you are happy, and from what you are saying the additional cost for you was worth it.
                                                                                        Richard

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • May 2004
                                                                                          • 152

#45
                                                                                          Yay Kiki!!

I have been following your thread of misery and I'm really glad that things got worked out for you (although I had no significant doubt's). :T

The 1098 sounding that much better than the 1068?? :E Oh no! Now I feel like I have a dose of upgraditis. (Oh well... would have, should have, could have.)
                                                                                          I'll go look at my Visa bill, that should help ease my symptoms.

Cracking!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"