X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bimmer528
    • Sep 2004

no sub when on 2 channel mode

Hey guys, I can't figure out how to get my sub working when I listen to 2 channel mode. I used to have the rdv 1050 and it worked. I upgraded to the 1060 and the sub is not going on when I listen to a cd. I have looked in the 1060's setup and the 1066's. Either I am missing the ovbious and just cant think or there is an option somewhere I can't find.
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Set Sub Setting in advanced options to MAX, this doubles effectively the bass output to fronts to the sub - if fronts are "large".

I assume u are using Digital feed. Nice trick when using analogue feed is if you toggle the 2CH button you get 2 channel bypass - does not use sub and then in 2CH stereo mode it does use sub you still will need to manage the sub settings in advanced settings though between MAX/YES dependnig on if you have large fronts or small. Canot remember if this setting is available in 1066 but it is in 1068.

With Digital feed and in 2CH PCM you need to have sub set to max or fronts set to small for sub to work.

Also check output of player is set to bitstream.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Bimmer,

Another option (which I would recommend over the MAX option) is to set you front speakers to SMALL with a SUB crossover of 80 Hz oe 60 Hz depending on their size. In this way all bass below the specified frequency will be sent to the sub. By default of your speakers are LARGE the sub in inactive unless you have the SUB to MAX. However the downside of the SUB on MAX is you can get too much bass and the bass from the sub and speakers can interfere with each other at certain frequencies in many rooms.

Geoff

Comment

• outlander
        • Mar 2005

Are you sure you want the sub on in the 2 channel mode? Try it for awhile without the sub, you may be surprised how much better it sounds.
        O

Comment

• Stevebez
          • Oct 2003

Yep good point Geoff ... I shold play with this methinks almost as having a sub sonic filter for mains and the rumble from the sub ... and the overall sonic range has higher integrity with no bass duplication.... mmmm.....

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• bimmer528
            • Sep 2004

I forgot i changed them to large

thx, it fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"