X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OakIris
    • Dec 2003

2-channel problem - left channel is dead :(

I have the RSX 1055 receiver with the main front speakers powered by an RMB 1075 power amp. I just finished my turntable set up (though I need to make more adjustements) and tried playing a record. I have the turntable phono stage connected to the multi-input connectors on the back of my 1055. The right speaker was fine, but the left speaker had no sound at all. I thought there might be something wrong with my turntable set up, but when I switched to my CD player (RCD-1072) with 2 channel sound....still nothing from the left speaker.

I checked all cable connections, everything was fine. So I then switched out of 2-channel to Dolby, DTS, etc. - great sound from all speakers. What is wrong with my 2 channel set up? What could have caused this problem (I swear it was working the last time I used it with my CD player!)
  • OakIris
    • Dec 2003

Anyone?? It can't be a fuse or cable or connector problem since all channels work when any of the other modes are selected - right??

Holly
    Last edited by OakIris; 01 April 2005, 14:16 Friday.

Comment

• OakIris
      • Dec 2003

Here I am talking to myself again.. :P

Problem fixed Friday evening after I checked the test tones for each speaker. I had the cables from the pre-amp connections on the receiver to the amplifier hooked up wrong. ops:

Holly

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

We've all made that mistake sometime or another...

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Good Job. Glad to see you found the problem, Cable 101.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"