X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bitece
    • Mar 2005

Joining the club

I've researched this for some time and I have decided to purchase the Rotel 1068/1075 combo for $2600 US (new). Any thoughts as to speakers (somewhere in the $4000 range for the fronts, center and mains)?
  • Jraducha
    • Aug 2004

look at a set of dynaudios. I am really pleased at how they sound.

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Hello Bitce,

If you want to save a few dollars, listen to Paradigm Ref. Studio 100's v3 & the matching center. We own the 100's v2. At this price you can also get surrounds & a subwoofer.

June
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• sarsi
        • Nov 2004

I have both Dynaudio audience and B&W 700 series, personally I think the rotel sound better with the B&W 700 series.

Comment

• rhoffman000
          • Sep 2004

Welcome to the club. Since you're in Jersey, you should have access to lots and lots of high-end audio shops. Go and listen to as many speakers as you can that fall into your price range. That's the only way to figure out what you like.

Comment

• TimGRA
            • Feb 2004

Bitece,

I am running Paradigm Studio 60's w/ Rotel 1068 / Parasound 2205at and really like it. I think it is hard to beat the value of Paradigm. Yes I am bias.

Rhoffman is so correct. You need to listen and decide what you want to hear. Take youo own music and movies to demo the speakers. Do not let a salesman tell you "what to hear." You will know.

Rockets should be considered as well. They are having a great sale on their 750's.

tim

Comment

• scient
              • Feb 2005

Bitece,
              I am running a 1056 with Studio 100's - sound good (but thinking of getting a 1080 for it). I got all my stuff from a great dealer in Paramus NJ. Let me know if you need his info.

Comment

• Bitece
                • Mar 2005

Scient,
                Is the dealer Rabson's?

Comment

• mtodde
                  • Jan 2005

Welcome! I am a recent convert too. I am running my 1056 with Studio 40s up front, Studio 20s in the rear and the CC470 center channel. The Paradigm Studio series and Rotel are a great match.

I found that I preferred the sound of the monitor speakers to the Studio 60. Listen to both and see what you prefer.

Comment

• Bitece
                    • Mar 2005

I have officially joined club Rotel! I puchased the 1068/1075 combo today for a great price and auditioned 4 pairs of speakers. I listened to the Vienna Bach, B&W 704's and 805's and the Dynaudio Contour monitors. The 805's and Dynaudios were my favorites. I plan on listening to the Paradigm and Von Schweikert next week.

Comment

• gd
                      • Jan 2003

Add these to your audition list:

Totem, Triangle, Monitor Audio, Vandersteen, Dali, NHT.
                      greg (gd to you)
                      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• GregoriusM
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2000

Originally posted by mtodde
                        Welcome! I am a recent convert too. I am running my 1056 with Studio 40s up front, Studio 20s in the rear and the CC470 center channel. The Paradigm Studio series and Rotel are a great match.

I found that I preferred the sound of the monitor speakers to the Studio 60. Listen to both and see what you prefer.
                        I have the Paradigm Monitor 5 v4 front speakers. I just bought the 1056 on Thursday along with the speakers, and within 3 days they are already breaking in and sounding very, very nice.

The Monitor 5's are great...... not just great "for the price". $799 retail per pair in Canada.

But, I do think the Reference Series is a tremendous pairing with the Rotel. As mentioned in a post above, the Reference Studio 100's are awesome.

The 60's are great and even the 40's with the 20's for surrounds, but it sounds like you can afford the Reference 100's along with the corresponding center and surrounds.

Just go to Paradigm.ca and click on Reference. It gives you the suggested system setup with whatever main speakers you select. It tells you which centers, surrounds, and subwoofers they suggest you use.
                        Gregor

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"