X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

Hello old friends !

Hi old / new friends !
    It's been a long time since i visited this forum, it seems like old friends are still here ( Rebel,good to see you're still around :W ) glad to see some new names joining the club.
    I have just recently completed my entire family relocation, and am in the process of settling in. Unfortunately, we still in a temporary rental house so that my gear is not yet in its designated acoustic room ...It took a lot of work to pack and move the entire classe/BW combo and to reassemble. I have had some scarey incident with my cp700 that ended up with stat delivery to Quebec where it was evaluated and returned with 100% health certificate.
    Anyway,my new job is very demanding so there is not much time for my hobby, yet, once I get settled in our future own house, BIG upgrades are to take place..

Best Regards to ya'All
    8)
    :T Socrat
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
    Anyway,my new job is very demanding so there is not much time for my hobby, yet, once I get settled in our future own house, BIG upgrades are to take place.
    Welcome back stanger! :welcome: Care to drop us a hint on those upgrade plans?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• ChrisssB
      • Feb 2006

Welcome back Eliav!
      Do tell everything about your upgrade plans

Comment

• Eliav
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
        Welcome back stanger! :welcome: Care to drop us a hint on those upgrade plans?

Hi guys

Well, i am planning on having a designated big listening room, so the general plan is to have it treated acoustically. I have not yet decided whether to go for "home theater setup" or stay with my current two channel dedicated system.
        If home theater setup will be chosen ( wife factor favoring this one) - my 802d's will be serving as rear speakers driven by the cam 400, and the front ones will be hopefully a pair of 800d's with two new cam400. I have no idea as of yet if we're going to go for a big screen plasma or a projector, I will also have to plan for a sub and a central channel speaker and obviously for a processor (Classe obviously).
        My own preference is to stay with the a pure two channel setup. I personally would rather spend the money on some top notch acoustic treatment for my room, then get a pair of 800d instead of my current 802d. I am extremely happy with my cp700/cdp202/CAm400 combo which I am planning to keep.
        I wonder if driving the 800d with 4 CAM400 should produce better sound ?
        I assume this has been discussed in details previously both in this forum and in the b&W forums.

Like said, these are my plans as of today, we still are in our rental house, and moving in our own is not expected before next year so in the mean time, I am enjoying my current setup.

Rebel, remember you had an issue with your cp700 ? I had some scary event with mine where I guess it generated some "unwanted/harming" current that made my cam400 to get into protection mode not before the right 802d made a horrible boom sound that made me think it was dead or at least busted one or more drivers.
        If you're interested I will tell the whole story next time in details.

Good to hear from you old friends ! :T

Eliav
        :T Socrat

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"