X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

Do you have to disconnect?

Do you have to disconntect all connections to your RSP-1098 to do the Firmware update, can you not just disconnect your speakers and turn off all components(DVD) etc.....

Thanks
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I'd remove all connections as it will send out signals through the connections if it they are plugged in. Not that this will hurt anything...but it can turn on and off your amp (if you use 12v trigger) which can be annoying. It is best to disconnect, but technically you don't have to...

I had to just to move the unit to the computer...so I never worry about it. Plus I have pictures of where everything is plugged into, along with EVERY screen on the menu, so it took me a matter of 2 minutes to reset everything. I checked calibration and it was all correct with the SPL meter...

If it were me, I'd do it just to be safe...but I don't think it'd be manditory.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

I don't disconnect anything when performing the firmware update and I've never had a problem.

-Skip

Comment

• Bostonears
        • Mar 2004

I also left everything connected when I updated the firmware on my 1068. I just turned the power off on a few of the components. Update went perfectly.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I've never disconnected anything either.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
            • May 2004

OK here is the #$%# error i'm showing

I did not get the first screen that says download start =>>
            here is a screen shot of what I got...any ideas?? I'm I :E :twisted:
            Attached Files

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

That's likely b/c you haven't powered off the unit properly...or something is out of sync.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                • May 2004

is there a solution?

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                  • May 2004

well that error seems to have reset.....I am uploading the latest firmware now :T also do i need to do the eprom again? and would i do just emprom4 or all 4 of them?

Thanks again Guys/Gals

Comment

• skipm
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                    You do need to power down your amp and also power down the 1098 using the switch in the back.

Follow the instructions exactly as they are written and you won't have a problem.

-Skip

Comment

• mjb
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                      This is totally normal... its the rs232 control stuff that is output over the port during normal operation (in this case, video source 4, volumn 45, etc). Flick the two small rear panel dip switches to change mode, as it says in the instructions - follow the instructions to the letter and you'll be OK.
                      - Mike

Main System:
                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"