Everytime I have to disconnect and reconnect my AMP, I get no sound!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Everytime I have to disconnect and reconnect my AMP, I get no sound!

About one year ago I bought my RMB-1095 amp and took it home. I got it home and did the very simple hook up, however I did not get any sound. I took it back to the shop and they 'claim' that the remote switch was on the "on" position which corrected the problem.

One week ago I had to move residence. I unhooked the amp and carefully brought it to my new home. I did the simple hook up and verified that the remote switch was off. Once again I got no sound at all. I just don't understand why!

Things I did to double check and resolve my issue:
    I am using a very nice RXV-2095 Yamaha receiver as my Pre/Pro. I disconnected the Rotel Amp and connected the Yamaha by it's self to verify that it worked. The Yamaha reciever worked with out any flaws.

After reconnecting the Rotel Amp, I re rechecked the connections including all RCA inputs from the Pre/Pro and all Speaker out puts leading to my B&W speakers. I also verified that the remote switch was in the "off" position.
    I still got no sound. This time I toggled the remote switch on and off a few times. However I did something semi stupid which I don't know. All of a sudden I heard some "POP" noise from the Rotel and smelled some smoke. After bringing the Unit back to the shop, they opened it and found that one of the side boards had some burn't resisters or transisters. They told me that they had to send the unit back to Rotel.

Has anyone had problems like I am discribed such as no sound?
    What are the chances that Rotel would give me a brand new AMP?
    How do I improve those chances?
    Last edited by BKSinAZ; 05 March 2005, 23:16 Saturday. Reason: misspelled
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Sounds like from the last paragraph speaker wires were shorted together ( or at least very low resistance across the outputs) and that is what let the smoke out of it. Sounds like a totally seperate issue than 1st paragraph. I would consider myself fortunate if it were to be repaired free of charge. I would suspect that they may repair @ their expense but I wouldn't look for a brand new one out of it.

Comment

• BKSinAZ
      • Feb 2003

Has a 5 year warrenty. Just bought it one year ago.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"