X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpmckenzie
    • Aug 2003

It was the best of times...

AND THE WORST!

I reported my 1066/1075 purchase. Definitely the best of times.
    Then in setting up my Pioneer 47ai, I discovered the left front analog outputs on the player are not functioning correctly. I've been troubleshooting it all day and it is definitely the 47ai. I checked cables, tested other components, ran the player's test tones and VE and am sure the player's front left (on both the 5.1 and 2ch analog outputs) is puting out garbage. It's easily 10dbs lower and sounds like the speaker is walking through a corn field. I don't know how I didn't notice this before unless my old receiver was covering some of it up.

The 47ai's digital output is fine. Video is fine. But without those 5.1 outputs working right, no SACD and DVD-A. :cry:

Looks like I'm going to have to seek some warranty service. What's really disappointing is I was all ready to listen to some SACD and DVD-A through my new Rotels. Now, I don't want to ruin the experience.

The worst of times.
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Sorry about your Pioneer. I hope you'll get the unit corrected quickly. In the meantime, try and enjoy some CDs with the Rotels.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"