X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fidex
    • Mar 2005

Crackling noise from RDV-1060

I just bought a RDV-1060 and it was working fine for a couple of days until it started giving a crackling noise from the right front channel. It seems that the noise is level related, since it's mostly in the peaks of the music.
    I took the player back to the store and got a replacement rdv-1060 with the same problem, only now it's coming from the left front channel. I'm positive it is NOT a fault in the rest of the system since i tried a Pioneer and a Lg dvd player which both worked fine.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone?
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

What volume are you listening at, when you say it is only on the peaks implies clipping. What does the rest of you're system consist of ? Interconnects, etc......You can logically divide and conquer it, it just sounds odd that 2 machines would have similar symptoms yet in opposite channels.

Comment

• fidex
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by soundhound
      What volume are you listening at, when you say it is only on the peaks implies clipping. What does the rest of you're system consist of ? Interconnects, etc......You can logically divide and conquer it, it just sounds odd that 2 machines would have similar symptoms yet in opposite channels.
      Yes, the clipping theory sounds logical. Besides the rdv-1060, my system consists of: Marantz PM 7200, JM Lab Chorus 710, Van Den Hul D102 III Hybrid interconnect, Van Den Hul Magnum Hybrid speaker cable. I also tried the rotel with a Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 and Sennheiser HD 650, same crackling sound, at any volume setting.

So it must be the rdv-1060's output stage that is clipping. But why?

Comment

• Taito
        • Sep 2004

Hmm, that it happens at peaks does give credit to the clipping theory, but I've never heard clipping that sounds like crackling... Does it happen in peaks in the programme regardless of amplifier level, or only when the amp is also turned up?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"