X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitzipurr
    • Feb 2005

No Colour on 1060

Hi to every one

I have a problem and hope somebody out there can solve it.

I have recently purchased a RDV1060. However when I play a DVD the playback is in black and white not colour. I have connected it to the TV with both S-video and scart leads but get the same result, a black and white picture. The Pal/Ntsc switch on the back does not make any difference.

Thanks
    Mitzipurr
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Can you try a composite cable? S-Video often gives a b&w image if one of the pins isn't connected properly...either its bent or is just loose. I haven't used Scart though....and I assume this isn't a B&W movie

Comment

• mitzipurr
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      Can you try a composite cable? S-Video often gives a b&w image if one of the pins isn't connected properly...either its bent or is just loose. I haven't used Scart though....and I assume this isn't a B&W movie

Hi Andrew thanks for trying to help

Have tried composite but still black and white. DVD disc definitely is colour. Must say despite it being in black and white it is a fantastic picture whatever connection method is used. Much better tham my old DVD player. Anymore ideas please.

Thanks

Mitzipurr

Comment

• Neal_C
        • Feb 2003

I don't have a 1060, so I don't know for sure, but have you checked in the dvd menu and looked for some setting that is out of whack?

If it isn't the cables, or the inputs on the tv, and nothing is wrong in the menu, might have to take it back and get yourself a new unit.

Comment

• mitzipurr
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt

Andrew or anybody. I have found this old post. Can you recall what the setting is that makes the unit go wonky and lose color and more importantly how to change it back to correct it? I can find nothing on the forum about this solution apart from links which do not appear to work. :cry:

Many thanks

Mitzipurr

aud19
          Moderator Emeritus

Posts: 3,396 I remember reading something a while back about the 1060 changing some setting which made the video display go "wonky" and I beleive lose all colour info. They discovered all you had to do was change the setting back and it fixed the problem. More of an annoyance/inconvenience than anything. Try looking back for threads on the 1060 or hopefully one of the people who are aware of the problem will chime in. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful about an actual solution... :?

Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

That would be changing the output in the settings menu from component to SCART.. I think it was here in the US having the units default to SCART for some reason and having to be changed back to component.

I suppose the same could hold true, having it default to SCART and needing to be changed back to component.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Are you sure you didn't accidently change the PAL/NTSC switch on the back panel? PAL for Europe, NTSC for US/ASIA.

There's a setting in Setup > Preferences > video, Y PR PB or SCART. This could also remove the color.

If all else fails, try returning to factory defaults: Setup > Preferences > Defaults, move the cursor right to highlight RESET and press PLAY/ENTER.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• mitzipurr
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mjb
                Are you sure you didn't accidently change the PAL/NTSC switch on the back panel? PAL for Europe, NTSC for US/ASIA.

There's a setting in Setup > Preferences > video, Y PR PB or SCART. This could also remove the color.

If all else fails, try returning to factory defaults: Setup > Preferences > Defaults, move the cursor right to highlight RESET and press PLAY/ENTER.

You guys are fantastic. Reset it to factory defaults and bingo glorious colour and one happy owner !

thanks to everyone who helped

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"