what Rotel amp is the minimum for driving HTM-1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmt
    • Jan 2005

what Rotel amp is the minimum for driving HTM-1?

I recently did some major upgrades to my stereo/HT system.
    I upgraded my main (crappy) speakers to B&W N802 and the center to a HTM-1.
    The 802s are powered by a Classe CA-401 which kicks *ss in stereo mode, but the rest of the speakers are still connected to my Denon 3300. That´s fine for the B&W 602s and LCR6 in the rear, but the HTM-1 needs something far more powerfull!

I was thinking about using a RB-1080 or RB-1070 in bi-amp mode for my HTM-1 and leaving the surround speakers on the Denon.

Unless the 602s and LCR6 would benefit greatly from a Rotel amplifier instead of the Denon (rated 105Watts/channel@8ohms but it´s more like 80), in that case I could use an RMB-1095 (would an RMB-1075 be inadecuate for the HTM-1?), that bi-amps the HTM-1 and powers the rear speakers.

But I´ve read on this forum that the RB-1080 is a better sounding amp than the RB-1075 or RMB-1095

Recommendations of Rotel users are greatly appriciated :T

PS maybe this topic is more relevant in the B&W section?
  • DJDREW
    • Dec 2004

All your suggestion seem to be ok but, why not go with the Classe CAV-500 so it will all match and have teh same sound preformance. Unless you are trying to save money....
    Rotel For Life :T

Comment

• tmt
      • Jan 2005

well...I CAN buy a CAV-500 second-hand for $6500, but I doubt if I would hear a $4000 difference compared to an RMB-1095 in HT.
      And I guess it would be a bit overkill for 602 and LCR6 speakers.

It would look seriously cool though, a stack of 2 Classe monsters, but $6500 is just way too much. (I paid less that that for my brand new 802s!)

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"