X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpmckenzie
    • Aug 2003

1066 bass management fix

I've read through the posts and did not find an answer.

If I were to go and buy the 1066 today, would the bass management issue be addressed out of the box? The thought of needing to make this fix does not appeal to me.

Thanks
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Partially, yes, if it has the latest firmware. The only area where it wouldn't be the case is if you're playing DVD-A or SACD. Otherwise, it should be fine. If you are using high resolution, multi-channel music sources, you might also need to cut the two resistors, which would be the final step.

Rotel is not shipping the units with "snipped resistor" fix though, although, if you ordered one, you could possibly request that Rotel do that end of the fix prior to shipping though. Rotel will gladly do the fix for you if you ship a unit back to them. It is free of charge, except the shipping costs.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• dpmckenzie
      • Aug 2003

Thanks. I do have the 47ai and would use SACD and DVD-A inputs. I'd much rather have the fix done ahead of time. Does the "snipped resistor" fix have any other consequences?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Does the "snipped resistor" fix have any other consequences?
        no

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"