X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georose
    • Apr 2003

Audio Drop Outs

I just did a brief search of the forum regarding audio drop outs and firmware upgrades for my RSX 1055 receiver. I don't know how to eliminate the half second or more delay when my Rotel receiver searches for the digital audio format to use. It happens every time I change digital channels on my Scientific Atlanta Hi Def DVR cable box (Cox Communications) and sometimes it appears as if the signal may drop for a fraction of a second but the receiver needs a half a second or so to reaquire the format. Happens most often with DVR playback - very annoying. Also when I fast forward or reverse or pause the DVR it take a half second for the sound to restore when play begins again - not good. Any solutions to my problem? Are the 1056 firmware updates OK to use with the 1055 receiver since there haven't been any new firmware updates listed here since the new model receiver arrived? I mostly listened to stereo music before aquiring Hi Def cable so this problem is new to me. Do all receivers with digital sound hookups have this half second delay or is it just Rotel? DVD's seem OK and it is rare for a "live" broadcast to drop its signal.
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

It is just the way the 1055 (and other Rotel's ?) handle the change in signal. I have a 1055 and it does the same thing, and I am using firmware v. 2.26.

I'm pretty sure the 1056 firmwares are not designed for the 1055 or they would just list them all together.

The sound drop is annoying, but unless I am missing some fix as well, it is just something we have to live with until you decide on a different receiver.

Comment

• georose
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for your reply. I had a hunch it was "normal". I have the RSX 1055 running a 5.1 system but only use the L and R channel of the receiver as a preamp for my tri amped linn loudpeakers. It sounds better than the Linn Majic preamp and a Conrad-Johnson Sonograph preamp so I'm going to keep it for my LP's and CD's. Don't have room for a better AV receiver. Damn thing even shuts down when changing from commercials back to main program if digital sound format is different!

Comment

• Neal_C
        • Feb 2003

When you say shutdown, do you mean it shuts completely off?

Comment

• Legairre
          • Jan 2002

My RSP-1066 had the 1/2 second and I found a thread that discussed using an optical cable instead of a coaxial. Using the optical knocked the delay down to about a 1/4 of a second. Finally I was so frustrated by the delay I sold the 1066. Try an optical is seems to help. like Neal said it's just something the 1055 does. I think Rotel corrected this in the newer models like 1056 and 1068.
          "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
          Radden Home Theater

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"