X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fishy
    • Jul 2004

RSP-1098 and Xbox?

OK time for my one dumb question of the month. Not even sure if this is the right place to post this, but couldnt find a better location.

I have the xbox connected via the MS component cable to the 1098, for which I get a very nice picture, but I am lacking the sound.

What am I missing?

Thanks
    Fish
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

You need an optical digital (Toslink) cable. It connects to the port on the Xbox HD adapter and plugs into an available optical jack on the pre-pro. Then go into the menu on the 1098 and select the digital input you plugged the Toslink cable into.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

:agree:
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Fishy
        • Jul 2004

Kevin, thanks for the information. Time to find an optical cable for the xbox.

Fish

Comment

• eelco74
          • Dec 2002

I have got my Xbox via optical connected to mij 1068. It a 3 meter optical, since my Xbox is close to my TV and the AV system is not.

I cant imagine playing games only on stereo. Once you have tried Dolby Digital there is no way back. And it is very usefull for Halo2, people sneeking up behind....
          Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
          Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
          Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• scient
            • Feb 2005

You can also use the digital coax link on the xbox hd adapter if you dont have an optical cable handy.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"