X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

Xbox Hdmi???

I have 2 360s(neither have HDMI)...My buddy brought his over and we tried hooking up the HDMI cable to my Sony...I noticed immediately that there was no place to plug in the optical cable to my receiver(as I don't have HDMI in). Am I missing something? My sony has an optical output on the TV. I could have probably just ran the HDMI to the TV and them the optical to my receiver...this just don't seem right now...why would M$ do that?

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Jan 2006

Nope if you want to use optical you have to use the component cables. I was trying to use analog outputs for L/R but couldn't hook up both cables. So the xbox runs to the tv and then the tv runs to my amp.

Comment

• slayer
      • Dec 2005

Wrong, wrong, wrong. If you go buy an Xbox Elite, or any of the new ones with HDMI, you also get a little toy with it. In the box with all the other cables and such is what Xbox calls an "Audio Dongle" Not sure if I spelled it right. It is a small adapter cable. It plugs into the A/V port right above the HDMI. You plug the HDMI into its spot for the video and run it to the display. You plug the Dongle into the A/V spot right above the HDMI. It has an "Optical out" and an "Analog Stereo out" on the end of it. You just use the optical and call it a day. Your friend just didn't bring it over. The HDMI will pass the audio, but you can also use the optical if you need to retro into non-hdmi gear. Problem solved. That is how I run mine and it is far better than the component video. Email me at saput@sbcglobal.net if you need anymore info about it. Hope this helped.
      Parasound Halo C2
      Earthquake Cinenova Grande (5ch amp)
      Crown X1000 (2ch amp)
      Oppo BDP103
      Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 Tube DAC
      Xbox One
      Monster Cable Signiture Series HTPS 7000
      Panasonic 60" ST Series Plasma
      BenQ HT1075 projector w/ 92" Dragonfly screen
      Energy Veritas 2.2i fronts
      Energy Veritas 2.0i center
      CAT Tiburon series side surround
      Energy E-XL 15 rear surround
      Velodyne SMS-1
      Custom 15" sealed sub (Diamond Audio TDX15)

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Well thats funny as I have a newer Xbox with HDMI and I didn't get such a cable. I have the cable that has the HD component connections and it has an optical jack on it. If thats the cable your talking about then your wrong as it doesn't leave enough room to plug in an HDMI cable when its plugged in.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

If you got an elite, you should've gotten the cable for it.

It's to the left of the power supply "brick" in this image.

Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well I don't have an elite so I guess its just the elite. The regular Xbox Pro doesn't have it. Or so it would seem.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"