X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Noddy
    • Dec 2004

1056 video dropouts

I am expereincing occasional video dropouts when watching digital tv, this happens on a daily basis. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

Oh yeah, my previous yamaha 2400 and denon receivers never had this issue so it is something that has only started since installing the Rotel.
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Did you do video switching with the yamaha and denon?The reason i ask this because the only video dropouts i have ever seen occur is usually because of the sat. reciever (HD).

Comment

• Noddy
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by rick c
      Did you do video switching with the yamaha and denon?The reason i ask this because the only video dropouts i have ever seen occur is usually because of the sat. reciever (HD).
      My original yamaha 795a had to be switched between digital tv and dvd(component) the other receivers upconverted everthing so no i didn't.

Does this answer your question??

Comment

• phuz
        • Jan 2003

Try going directly to your monitor/TV to see if it still happens.

Also, is your video source going through anything else? A surge protector perhaps? I had this problem as well, and it was my Panamax surge protector causing my HD signal to drop or be non-existant at times.
        ==============
        -phuz

Comment

• Noddy
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by phuz
          Try going directly to your monitor/TV to see if it still happens.

Also, is your video source going through anything else? A surge protector perhaps? I had this problem as well, and it was my Panamax surge protector causing my HD signal to drop or be non-existant at times.
          I think the all the gear is being powered off a power board which is surge protected. Is this what your talking about?

Comment

• phuz
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Noddy
            I think the all the gear is being powered off a power board which is surge protected. Is this what your talking about?
            Sorry, I meant the actual video signal. I had a simmilar issue when I ran my cable signal through my Panamax power unit. HDTV stations and signals would drop, or just not work when I ran my HDTV/cable signal through the Panamax unit.
            ==============
            -phuz

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"