X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Bi amping w/ RB-1070

I just added a 2nd 1070 and am bi-amping my fronts. It helped the 2 channel allthough it didn't need any help, it also appears to add to the ht side as well. It has stepped up the dynamics a notch or 2. My center is bi-ampable as well but the madness has to stop somewhere. It along with my surrounds and rear centers fare quite well off of the 1075. Anyone contemplating a "bigger" amp may want to experiment with what they have as there may be cheaper alternatives. I could have traded my 1070 back to the dealer for 100% towards a 1080 and I don't know that I would be further ahead. I would be surprised if a single 2 channel would do what has been accomplished. I for one think the 1070 is a great little machine @ 130/ side, 320 bridged. Just yappin, Bob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by soundhound; 05 March 2005, 13:58 Saturday.
  • bimmer528
    • Sep 2004

I wouldn't bridge because of higher distortion rates.

Why not buy a 1075 and use that for your bi-amp needs? It would save you money.

Im not really a fan of bi-amping the center mainly because I am more audiophile so you could use that 1075 existing channel to power your center.

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

I had considered a 2nd 1075 but the 1070 has a tad better damping, frequency respose, and power. Also I only needed 9 channels as aposed to 10. Don't get me wrong, I love my 1075, it just made more sense for me to grab the 1070.

Comment

• booktrunk
        • Aug 2004

We have a 985 MK II for the centre and rear 4 channels. And two 1070s to bi-amp my b&W CDM 7NTs they love being bi-amped and I really think it is a good way to go.

It also looks really cute the stack of 3 power amps and the processor

Steff
        "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• booktrunk
          • Aug 2004

OK.....

I cannot afford it but very long term i'd love to have 3 more 1070s. One to bi-amp the centre, and the last two for the 4 rear channels

Droool..........

Steff
          "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• Italian
            • Mar 2005

A Rotel Bi-Amp Question

I am in the process of purchasing new 2 channel eqiupment and had settled on the RCD 1072 matched up with an RC1070 or RC1090 pre and a RB1070 amp. But in the meantime I purchased an old Denon power amp and it was suggested thru a fellow in the Audiogon forum to consider the RA1062/RCD1072 using the 1062 as a pre for the Denon. I've listened to the RA/RCD combo, sounds great. Anyway, I was thinking about bi-amping two 1070s using the 1062 as a pre, all to drive my old Polk SDA 1Bs. What do you think? Bad idea, doesn't make semse, enhance sound, alternatives??Also, FYI, got to this site thru the Audiogon Forum. Great folks there also. Thanks, Dave

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

If I were a betting man I'd put a wager on a single 1080 sounding better then two 1070's for most speakers. I used to bi amp my fronts with my 1075 but prefer the sound of my single 1080 now. Some of that has to do with the warmth the 1080 has over then 1075 but the dynamics improved as well. Its obviosly speaker dependant but if there's still a chance to trade in your first 1070 why not give a 1080 a demo and see which you prefer?

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

Andrew, the 1080 has "noticable" sonic differences over the 1075? The 1075 and the 1070's sound similar, it just opens things up a bit bi-amping the 1070's. I have not heard the 1080, my speaks are very efficient, and volume does nothing for me compared to "sound". I may have to call my buddy Mark and see what he can do. I just assumed the 1080 would be more of the same, only louder.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

No its a very different sound the the 1075. The 1080 is a warmer more lush sounding amp with a better control over the lower octaves then the 1075 has...the 1095 is more sonically similar to the 1075..only bigger sound and better bass control. If you can do an audition it would be worth your time if only to verify that you made the right choice for you, your room and your speakers.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"