X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitzipurr
    • Feb 2005

Another newbie needs advice please

Can any of you techies tell me the best way to connect the following kit up please.

Rotel RSP1066, RB991, RB993, RB985MK2, RDV1060, Def Tech BP2002 Front Speakers, Def Tech CLR2000 center, Def Tech BP6 Rears and PolkLSFX1 center back (I have two Polk but only have room for one!). For anybody not familair with the Def Tech range the fronts have powered subwoofers and have both inputs for full range bass and lfe and can be tri wired. The center can be bi wired.

I honestly have no idea how to connect this lot up to give me the best sound quality and would really appreciate advice from all you technical experts out there.
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

First off, nice choice in equipment (I have Rotel 1055/1075 combo, Def. Tech 2002's, clr2002, bp2x's).

Lets see...so you have:

2x200W in the 991
    3x200W in the 993
    5x100W in the 985

I would use the 991 and 993 for the fronts and center. You have a total of 5 amp channels...so I would bi-amp the mains, then use the other amp channel for the center.

I used to own BP6's, but can't remember if they can be bi-wired or bi-amped, but if they can, you could use 4 of the channels on the 985 to bi-amp the bp6's, then use the remaining channel for the Polk. If the BP6's can't be bi-amped, then just use 3 of the 5 channels for your surrounds.

Just my opinion here.

Neal

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"