X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

DEF TECH Speakers

Looking for someone who has Def Tech speakers to benchmark against/ask some questions. Thanks

Adz
    Adz
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Ask away.I have BP10B's,CLR1000B,PF1500 and PF12TL.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

IIRC, Burke Strickland might be a good member to contact also.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Neal_C
        • Feb 2003

I can try to answer some questions.

I have 2002tl's, clr2002, and bp2x surrounds.

Neal

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

Ask away -- I'll be happy to throw in my $0.02 cents worth. For several years, I used BP 2000s for the front left and right mains with a C/L/R 2000 center and BP 20s for the surrounds. (I am still using the BP 2000s and BP20s in a 7.1 configuration.)

Anticipating one possible question, over time, despite the so-called "built in subwoofers" in the BP 2000s, I found myself dissatisfied with the depth of the bass (not the volume, but how low it could go at volume) and ended up getting a stand alone subwoofer that went deeper into the sub bass frequencies and could be placed more optimally for bass than the towers which I placed for imaging, soundstage, etcetera. If I were building a Def Tech system from scratch today, I'd go with towers without the "built in subs" and get the same model all around (with the possible exception of the center) and add a beefy Velodyne, SVS, Vandersteen or HSU stand-alone sub.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Adz
            • Jan 2004

Here's my question. I have 2000s which are TLs as well. Which hook-up have you found to be the most optimal? I bi-wire the highs and mids and had been running the sub cable to the full range low level in with the sub turned off in the processor as the instructions state, but then Def Tech themsleves told me they no longer liked this configuration and advised that I bi wire but then run the sub cable into the LFE input with the sub on. Anyway, either way sounds simply amazing and for movies I get incredible tight and loud bass out of both 500 watt subs, but its nice to have another opinion. Regardless, I have some free cash and now I am looking to sell the 2000TLs at a deep discount which I posted, and would be looking to buy the Def Tech 7000s which have reference supercubes built into each one. Please give me your opinions on all of this and if you know someone who wants a great pair of broken-in speakers less than a year old, let me know as well.

Thanks.

Adz
            Adz

Comment

• Ken Smith
              • Jan 2004

I had the same idea. I realized I only needed more bass, so I saved some money from not buying the 7000's and I bought the Reference sub. Worked out good. I have the bass from the reference as well as the 2000 towers.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"