X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Bass Management on 1098

Does the 1098 have bass management? I just ordered mine and forgot to ask this important question. Hope I didn't make a mistake!

Also, are there more video/vertical line problems?
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Jimmy yes the 1098 has very good bass management. Its far more flexible then the 1055 and 1066 were in that regard. You might want to read though the owners manual that you can get from the Rotel website since its very well written.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Jimmy,

Welcome to the forum.

Andrew is correct, this beast has beautiful bass management as well as other speaker adjustments, which makes speaker blending much easier. Acoustically, it's great.

Video issues, you may need to read the Video glitch thread, it seems that they have updated the firmware to 1.1 xxxxx, however I am unsure whether this is merely a firmware upgrade or a firmware/ hardware upgrade, I am currently having my dealer investigate this issue. It seems that this video glitch is applicable to progressive scan issues in the 480p mode ( I think).

I am still puzzled however why Rotel dropped the video band width to 100Mhz on the 1098 as opposed to maintaining the 200MHz bandwith that the newer 1066's have.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Currently I am not running progressive scan so this is not issue for me, however I don't want it to be an issue in the future, that's why I'm having my dealer investigate. He stated he would get back to me in the next couple of days. I will report my findings on the forum, unless Andrew can find out first, (any thoughts Andrew?).

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• skipm
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Azeke
        I am still puzzled however why Rotel dropped the video band width to 100Mhz on the 1098 as opposed to maintaining the 200MHz bandwith that the newer 1066's have.

Azeke-

Personally, I'm not too worried. Supposedly you only need 37Mhz of bandwidth to pass a HDTV signal so if you have 100Mhz of bandwidth available, you have a lot of additional headroom available. More than likely it was a cost cutting measure.

My old Denon receiver only had 50Mhz available and I never noticed a problem with it.

-Skip

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Skipm,

Thanks for the info, I believe that the 100MHz bandwith is the THX minimal requirement. I also thought like you that this was a cost cutting measure to ensure that the 1098 remains below the 3K range.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

100 MHz is still plenty for HD so I'm not at all worried about it. From talking to Rotel about the video issues some have seen I was told that they suspect that some of them had a rough flight over from Japan being rushed over to get them to the market as soon as possible. The later ones might not have been rushed and are likely to be ok which is what seems to have happened when you took it back and got another one. If you do have a problem just have your dealer give you another and it should be fine.

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Andrew,

Thanks for the information. It also seems Rotel has upgraded the firmware to 1.1 xxxxxx. Do you have any information on this?

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• rlin
                • Aug 2003

How do you check version of firmware on 1098?

Comment

• Howie
                  • Feb 2003

Hold the mute button on the remote down a few seconds.

Howie
                  Howie

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Do you have any information on this?
                    I'm working on it.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"