X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billy0544
    • Feb 2005

Another question about the 1056 vs. 1068

I know this topic has been discussed before but I need some help. I just recently upgrade for the rsx-965 to the rsx-1056. I also just got the rmb-1075 amp to go with the 1056 and it sounds great. But I just started thinking the other day that I am still within my trade-up time period, so should I spend the extra $400 and go with the 1068 or stay with the 1056? Is it worth the extra $. Thanks.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Trade up to the 1068, and get the RB-1080 if you listen to 2 channel stereo (ensure you have the room). Do you use your tuner and the other extras that come with the 1056?

That's just w/o knowing your current setup, you will need to provide speaker info and specs, if you really want viable feedback.

You also need to hear the difference, can you test drive the 1068? After all it's your money, and your listening experience that really counts.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• billy0544
      • Feb 2005

No I do not use the tuner that often. My current setup is as follows:

Fronts: Paradigm monitor 7
      Center: Paradigm CC370
      Rears: Paradigm mini monitors
      Sub: Paradigm PW2000

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

I did a head to head between the 1068 and 1056 prior to purchase, 2 channel was my primary concern so I was willing to spend the extra $, and give up the on board tuner, and amplification to get what I was after. If 2 channel is you're primary concern, swap it, if not, stick with what you have. As Azeke says, it's you're money.

Comment

• audiofan
          • May 2004

For 2-channel, would you pick rc-1070 or rsp-1068? are they different as day and night? (i'm talking about audio only, no video).

thanks.

Comment

• soundhound
            • Mar 2004

I owned an RC-1070 with my RSX-1055 (didn't like the 1055 2 channel) and opted for the 1068 for the best of both so to speak. The 1068 and 1070 to me were one in the same for 2 channel. Isn't this fun, decisions, decisions......

Comment

• audiofan
              • May 2004

In that case rc-1070 can save more bucks for CD.. Anyway, i think i will head to dealer for audition on both rsp-1068 and rc-1070. I want to setup a room for 2-channel music only as i already own rb-1080 and rcd-1072. And my denon 3805 will serve as HT only...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"