• june
    • Feb 2005

ROTEL & PARADIGM

Hello All,

Is this a good relationship?
    ROTEL-1068
    &
    PARADIGM STUDIO 100'S v2

When I was in the store he was going to use DYNAUDIO for a demo. I didn't want to hear that relationship. We ended up with ROTEL & ENGERGY. BOY, it was a major difference going from the ROTEL reciever to the 1068. That is why I brought the 1068. Also, I've been a Yamaha reciever person for years. My first processor was the Marantz DP870.

June
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • phillipk
    • Aug 2004

I have RSX1056 and RB1080 and Studio 60s v3. It sounds great. I haven't swapped out each component with several others so I can't really say this is the best system ever created. I does sound bright however. I'm sure it's primarily due to my room however... when I cover the hardwood floors with a rug it makes a huge difference.

One thing I do think I'm competent to conclude, though, is that the power (2x200) for the studio 60s seems about right. I'd imagine the studio 100s are not terribly different.

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

Can you tell us more about the system? What amp did you buy along with the 1068 av preamp? What rotel reciever did you compare it to (I happen to think the 1067 is a superb receiver)

I have a 1056 reciever I use as a preamp, and 1075 amp driving studio 60's v2 - to me it sounds great

Comment

• mikeyc
        • Sep 2004

just curious, why did you not want to hear the Dynaudios?

Comment

• june
          • Feb 2005

Rotel & Paradigm 2

Hello All,

1. I heard DYNAUDIO are high end speakers. Speakers make the difference when listening. I wanted to hear the 1068 with speakers around or less than quaility of the 100s. At Worldwide stereo, the room had the 1068 & the 1067 with Energy speakers. We kept switching from 1067 to 1068 & it was a difference. The music was from one of Bob James's CD. (Relentless song #5)

2. I'll be using my Rotel amp (5 x 100). RM965 I think. I brought this amp 3 years ago. I used my Yamaha rxv3000 as a pre-amp & the Marantz dp870 processor. The Paradigms are high efficent & don't need much power to run. Would a 200 watt amp make a difference?

3. I tried to find a Rotel dealer that also carried Paradigm speakers in the Philly area. I found a store today in Cherry Hill NJ. (hifi sales). But today after work I'll pick up my 1068.
          June
          "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"