X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AGS
    • Feb 2005

Bypassing internal amps on RSX-1056

Hey guys I have a question for ya...! I'm running the RSX-1056 and had a party recently where one of my buddies brought a PA system...an outdoor party I should add. He had some RCA or XLR inputs on his system and of course the RSX-1056 has the RCA pre-outs which I utilized to feed into his board and use his amp...so my question is how do I turn off my internal FL and FR amps so I'm not rocking the house with my main speakers while we party outside?

I'm also planning on adding the RB-1080 soon...so what are you guys doing with the internal amps on the 1056? I know they can be redirected to zone 2 and I'll do that eventually...but is it ok to use the pre-outs without speakers attached (therefore providing an infinite ohm load impedance to the internal amps)? I've read the manual and have been lurking here for a while but I'm still not clear on this. Thanks in advance for your advice... Ags :roll:
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yes if you're using an external amp you don't have to worry about turning off the internal amps...they'll be fine sitting idle. For your party situation I'd connect the PA amp to the zone two pre outs if you don't want it also playing in your main zone.

Comment

• AGS
      • Feb 2005

ok then!

Right...that makes sense. I was wondering about using zone two..but wasn't thinking that clearly that eve :^x and wasn't about to start experimenting while also trying host a bash...thanks a bunch Andrew that sounds easy enough. I can't wait for that RB-1080! Ags

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"