1055 + 1075 and zone 2... (one more time!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bonster
    • Aug 2004

1055 + 1075 and zone 2... (one more time!)

First and foremost, thanks to all for helping me in my decisions. I'll be posting pics soon of my very modest Rotel / B&W setup

RSX-1055 (firmware upgraded to 2.26)
    RMB-1075
    B&W CM4's (fronts)
    B&W LCR60 S3 (center)
    B&W DM 600 S3 (surrounds)
    Niles SSVC4 - Audio switch w/ impedance control for 4 room zone 2
    Cambridge Outdoor (outdoor zone 2 speakers)

There were a lot of decisions to make but this forum has proven extremely valuable in wading through the choices. I'm still building and have an RB-1080 lined up so I can eventually move to the RSP-1068... upgrad-itis has struck!

But first, the esoteric Zone 2...

What I want to do is the following:
    Use the 1055 to power zone 2 - Niles SSVC4 speaker switcher
    Use the 1075 to power Front L/R, Surr L/R and Center

It's not happening... Default setup on the OSD allows me to chose Redirect: Front or Center Back

What am I missing ? I've RTFM waaay too many times. I understand 7.1 w/ redirect but not zone 2.

I'm open to suggestions on configuration of amp -> speakers but just can't get this through my thick skull.

Thanks in advance... Believe me, I've tried to find this in the forums and just haven't!

Bonster
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

1055 is only able to run the fronts or center backs. The ability to run zone2 was added in the 1056..

The Niles piece will handle the output of the 1075 no problem. If you have to have separate sources and volume, then yes you will need to use two of the 1075 channels. If you can wait until the 1080 or 1068+1080, I would suggest just hooking the switch up to the front channels of the 1055.

This will only give you the same source and volume as the main room, but does give you all of the 1075 for the main speakers.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Eiffel
      • Aug 2003

I don't know if this would sound acceptable to you, but you may want to run your surround channels via the 1055, and keep 2 channels from you 1075 for zone 2. Given that surrounds are less critical than the other speakers, this should be a decent compromise...

BTW, yes, zone-2 is fun stuff (I had to buy an IR DA, and tweak some Cat5 cables to get it to work in my bedroom, but it does work very well)

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"