X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

how to upgrade 1098 from sony vaio with no 9 pin connector

how would i upgrade my 1098 software ,when i don't have a 9 pin connector on the laptop ????????????????
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I don't believe it's possible, you need to have a serial port....
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Look online for a USB to serial port adapter... such as this one (one of the first I found on a google search, no preference indicated by me).

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
        • Oct 2003

have you used this type to upgrade

Comment

• AGS
          • Feb 2005

Mike do you have a docking station that has a serial port? My laptop doesn't have one either but my docking station does. You definately need a serial port...Ags

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

There's a variety of USB to serial adapters available. The better ones some with software that allow you to change the com port and baud rates etc. I use one from Keyspan and it works very well though it wasn't as cheap as some of the generic models.

Comment

• pciav
              • Jun 2004

I second Andrew's endorsement of the Keyspan Adapter. I have one and use it with a variety of devices and it has never failed. I did my RSP 1068 last night without a hitch.

Comment

• Cowanrg
                • Feb 2004

i also have a VAIO laptop without a serial jack, and i have a belkin usb to serial adapter. i use it for MX remotes, etc... it is active with software, etc.

it DOESNT work with the 1098. i just tried it and im going to call rotel tomorrow to see what is going on. when i loaded up the program from their website (MTTY), i set all the settings up, and press connect, then turn on the unit, and i just get a single line of crap.

at this point the program seems to lock up. if i disconnect, it gives me an error and the program stops responding. but there is definately communication, because when i turn on the unit, it sends information, i can see it on the lights of the adapter.

has anyone else used the belkin adapter and had success?

Comment

• Mr Purple
                  • Sep 2004

You can't do the software updates reliably with an adapter?

Most dealers will help you with this, I thought.... :huh:

Comment

• bzrk
                    • Oct 2005

I dont even have a pc :/ Have to unplug everything take the amp to a friend of mine etc... big pain in the ass. Thankfully updates arent a weekly thing.

Lets hope for usb and macintosh support in the future
                    Gr. Sebastian

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"