X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billy0544
    • Feb 2005

Question about the rsx-1056 vs. rsp-1066

Hey, I'm new to the board, but have been a Rotel owner for many years. I just recently purchased the rsx-1056 to replace the rsx-965. I'm also getting ready to pick up my new silver rmb-1075 later this week, but when I went to my local shop to order the silver amp they showed me the older rsp-1066 processors that had been discounted. The only catch is they are "B" stock. I also am still within my 3 month trade up time frame. Should I trade the rsx-1056 in for the rsp-1066 or just keep the rsx-1056 and use it as a processor?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Keep the 1056, you won't regret it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

I second Kevin D!

I have a 1056 + 1075 - they are incredible!

The 1056 has a lot of great feautures and settings that are not in the older 1066.

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

I third Kevin D!

Plus you get a tuner with the RSX-1056...!

ps: did you consider getting an RMB-1095 or maybe an RB-1080 instead of an RMB-1075 to add to your RSX-1056? Although the 1075 is a very decent amp indeed with a hard to beat price / performance ratio, I did notice the 1075 has its limits when it comes to driving more 'up-class' speakes ...
        Last edited by weijst; 22 February 2005, 06:49 Tuesday.
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• billy0544
          • Feb 2005

Thanks for the input. I guess I will be keeping the 1056. I would love to get the 1095, but it is out of my price range. I did consider the 1080, but I thought it would be better to go for the five channel vs. the two channel. Does anybody feel that it is better to have a stronger 2 channel amp (1080) than the 1075?

P.S. I'm using the Paradigm monitor series for my whole system.
          Front: Monitor 7's v.2
          Center: CC 370
          Rear: ADP 370
          Sub: PW2200

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

What happens when you have a stronger amp driving the mains and not the rest of the system....

Your mains will be more dynamic under cridical times during movie playback. It's annoying to calibrate. I did a few systems like this and found it fustrating with the dymaic differences. Under normal listening , its fine.

I would stick to equal power channel for all chanels. I like the idea of the rmb1075 over adding a rb1080. I would move up to the rmb1095 if you want or better put need more power.

The rsx1056 is no slouch on it's own. You may not even need the rmb1075 if your speakers don't require the extra power.

Some things to consider.

Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

It shouldn't be annoying to calibrate at all providing you calibrate at the level they typical listen to movies at.

Adding the 1080 instead of the 1075 would give you better 2 channel performance for music. The 1075 on the other hand would likely give you increased sonics for movies esp on the center channel.

Either way keep the 1056 its a better choice then the older 1066.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"