• Dec 2003

RMB1075 speaker cable connections

According to the manual, the power amp requires "dual bannana plugs"
    Speaker Connection
    The RMB-1075 has five pairs of color coded
    binding posts on the back panel. These connectors
    accept bare wire, connector lugs, or
    dual banana type connectors...
    Most speaker cables do not come with dual banana connectors, and I am planning (at some point) to bi-amp my speakers. Will regular(single) banana connectors not work for some reason?

(I am just reading the manual on-line as I don't have my amp as yet, so haven't seen the back panel of the amp in person, but I don't understand why Rotel only recommends dual connectors for the banana type!)
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I think what they're saying is the posts are compatible with dual plugs, but you can certainly use two singles as well.

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

The dual banana plug jacks are spaced so they will only fit on binding posts spaced the same way. As said above , you can use single banana jacks to make your wire connection. Bare wire and spades will also work fine.

Dan

Comment

• OakIris
        • Dec 2003

Thank you both - just wanted to make sure as the manual was so specific! The manual also didn't say you could use spades - good to know that the unit isn't really that picky!

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Single bananas should work whereever bridged bananas do.

Links to web cable brands are not allowed. If there was a link or picture removed by teh Rotel admins, it was at my instruction to not allow cable links here that compete with our own CAT Cables. In general though, no cable discussions belong in Rotel anyway.

I'd like to re-iterate, that this is the Rotel forum, not the speaker or cable forum. The only thing that belongs here are Rotel specific questions. Not general knowledge audio/cabling issues.

I believe you've had your question answered, this thread is locked. The only thing of possible relevence to Rotel is the banana issue. not a bi-amping, speaker, or other issues or discussion.

Thank you.
          Doug
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"