X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmaxgil
    • Oct 2008

Spade or Banana plugs for the A51?

I am a new member to this site and to Parasound audio equipment. I have enjoyed my A51 and C2 combination very much. I wanted to upgrade my audio cables and am wondering if anyone has had trouble with the spaded connectors on the A51. There are 60 degree spaded connectors that are available through the manufacturer as well that may fit better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Heya, gmaxgil! Welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

I've never used spades myself, on the Halo gear. Just banana plugs. Maybe someone else can chime in with their experiences, though.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I recommend WBT-0645 angled locking bananas for the A51.

Peter

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
        I recommend WBT-0645 angled locking bananas for the A51.

Peter
        Pricey!
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• blownrx7
          • Dec 2004

I've used spades on the top and bottom outputs because my cables had them. It's so tight though, I changed to a banana type.

I've used regular and locking bananas. I like the locking type since you know you have a VERY tight connection with them - that is the basis for good signal transmission. It also gives me great peace of mind to know it won't fall out and cause catastrophic results :E

Yeah, I'd love to use the WBT's but the asking price is too steep for me.

As far as materials, silver or gold-plated copper would be best but the price is astronomic.
          I like the idea of bare copper but real world conditions preclude that configuration from being best unless you like to remove all your connections to clean them regularly...
          So for the rest of us who have to save our pennies, the generic gold plated locking bananas get you 90-95% of the way there compared to the WBT

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by wettou
            Pricey!
            Yes, it's an investment. The crimping tool you need is expensive ($90) and the Torx bit is $6. If you want to get the torque screwdriver, it will cost you even more.

On the other hand these connectors will easily last you 20 years or more. Say that for any other component in your system! :B

If you move and need longer speaker cables, you can simply transfer the connectors to your new cables. The only loss is the crimping sleeves which are not reusable, but at $8/cable (4 sleeves), I can live with this loss.

Peter

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"