X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harl
    • Jul 2002

1098 audio probs

Is anyone out there using their 1098 with the DishNetwork 921 HD DVR receiver?
    I am having all sorts of audio drop outs while watching Satelite lately. You lose audio and in order to get it back you need to either pwr on/off the 1098 or switch inputs to another input then back to the SAT (V1) input, then the sound resumes as normal.

I am thinking it is not the Dish receiver because audio is restored when the above changes are made on the 1098.

Any help would be greatly appr.

Thanks in advance!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Which firmware are you running?

Comment

• Harl
      • Jul 2002

version 2.1.7

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

And I assume you're using a digital connection? Are you also using analog cables?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Just put mine in last night and have no issues with sound.. (issues with the 921 is another story).

Of course I'm at 2.1.3..

Andrew, if new models of the 1098 are coming with 3.X, how's he have 2.1.7??

Kevin D.

Comment

• lcajiga
            • Aug 2003

Hi, I hve both the 1098 and the Dush 921 with no issues. Only on some circumstances while watching a digital signal, when commercials start, it switch from DD to Dolby PLII. Check audio cable...also check the setup of 921...I have to output signal in both PCM and Digital.
            Regards,
            Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

All depends on which warehouse its coming from I'd guess. I wouldn't worry about if you get a V2 or V3 model neither is better then the other just a different vendor for the TFT screen

Comment

• Harl
                • Jul 2002

I am using a digital (Optical) connection from the 921 dishbox. This is the same setup I have always used (I have had a 1066 for about a year and then upgraded to the 1098 over a year ago.

my audio drop outs actually first started popping up while watching DVD's. Occasionally when I pause a movie, then resume playing it, the movie resumes but you lose sound completely. To get sound back you need to either pwr on/off the 1098 or momentarily switch inputs, then sound resumes.

I this started a few months ago. Then when I changed from a Dish 501 recvr to the HD 921, I started having audio probs on satelite as well.

The DVD is using a Digital coax connection. At first I thought it was a prob. w. my DVD player, but then similar issues w. the dish recvr make me think its the 1098.

I am NOT new to Rotel pre-pros, and my wiring and connections have been the same forever. I ran w. NO problems at all for a very long time.

Comment

• jimmyp58
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

I had Dish for about 5 months and went back to cable. Lots of problems with my HD receivers (I had the 811 model; the 921 was not available in my area). I swapped the unit out 4 times though I didn't have the problem you are mentioning.

Have you tried a different receiver? Interesting though that you are having drop outs with DVD too.

Jim
                  jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Harl
                    • Jul 2002

I am trying like hell to get them to RA this one and send me a new unit, but they are VERY reluctant to even consider that option. I have been bitching since week one about this reciever (not as much the audio drops, just other anoying glitches that require a "soft" reset to correct) and they keep telling me that these are "known software issues" and that they are working on fixing them and it's definitely not a faulty box. I am starting to wonder if there could be something wrong w. the Digital output though. I am going to keep on them.

What product have you ever heard of that you BUY (not lease) from someone and you say somethings wrong w. it withing the first 30 days and would like it exchanged for a new one, and they won't cooperate? I have always been a supporter of Dishnetwork, but they are losing me with every call I make regarding this f@#%6ing 921 box! :M

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Harl let me see what I can do to help.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"