• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartk
    • Feb 2005

Which power amp to choose

I have the following setup :

1 RC-1070 linked to 1 RB-1070
    1 RSX-1056 , front chanels linked to the RC-1070.

now I want to get another power amp to add some additional power to the remaining channels : front center, rear center, surround left/right.

any suggestions ?
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

I'll make this short and sweet...

RMB 1075 or 1095 depending on how much power you really want.

But if you go the 1095 rout, use your RB 1070 for rear.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

I dont mean to be ignorant but what is the purpose or functionality of linking the rc1070 to the amp and the 1056 front channels to the rc1070 also.Just trying to understand.

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

I would suspect he runs either the 1070 "or" 1056 rick as the 1070 sounds much better for 2 channel.

Comment

• rick c
          • Aug 2004

I still dont get it why run a receiver front channels into a preamp.Wont the 1070 w/the amp be good for 2 channel by itself.And if he uses the rsx1056 for ht or MC how can he if the front channels are into the preamp.I know i'm missing something here.i also didnt know you can use a receiver with a preamp.

Comment

• bartk
            • Feb 2005

I'm using the RC-1070, RB-1070 combination for stereo. According to my Rotel dealer, it would be no problem to link the RSX-1056 (which I only use for home theater) via the pre-out to RC-1070. However, I'm experiencing a lot of problems (hissing and humming), which I think are comming from either the RC-1070, or my Sony TV. I'm going to remove it this evening, and connect the front pre-outs of the RSX-1056 directly to the RB-1070.
            Last edited by bartk; 17 February 2005, 07:35 Thursday.

Comment

• soundhound
              • Mar 2004

Running one "in" to the other is moog point, as the RC-1070 will not enhance the sound of the RSX-1056 outputs being piped into it, only pass it through as is...And if the RC-1070 outputs are ran "in" to the RSX-1056 it will degrade the signal. I had used an RC-1070 for 2channel, and an RSX-1055 for ht, and depending on what I was listening to I would switch cables into the power amp, this way I retained all of the 2 channel finesse, and eliminated any painful volume settings, etc...About 2 mos of this and I broke down and bought the RSP-1068, now I have the best of both. 2 channel direct pass through, and all of the surround formats by simply pushing buttons on the remote. By trying to run one through another, the problems one can produce are endless, never mind the hassle. All for no gain. Bob

Comment

• bartk
                • Feb 2005

problems solved

removed RC-1070 from current setup, will return it to dealer, and get RMB-1075 instead. Thanks to the forum I was able to configure the RSX-1056. I only need to calibrate the speakers with my DB meter.

thanks everybody for your advice

A happy rotel owner.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"