X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Snell and Rotel: a good match?

I may have an opportunity to snag a deal on some Snell speakers, and I'm leaning toward Rotel separates when I rebuild my HT. I'm just wondering if anyone has driven Snells with Rotel gear and how it sounds.

Depending on the prices I can get and how I like the sound I may go with the Snell .5 MK2 series or as high up as the XA 60 towers.

Most Snells are 4 ohm nominal and around 89 dB efficient. I'm thinking of using a RMB-1075 or 1095 amp initially, and then adding a RB-1080 for the mains and adding two more speakers for 7.1 down the road. Or I might grab a second 1075 and bi-amp the mains. That I haven't decided yet. Do you think the 1075 would be adequate for speakers of this caliber?

Any other thoughts?
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Anyone?
    (bump 24+ hours later)...

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

Hey Kevin, my friend has Snells and really likes them (but no rotel)

I've got rotel/paradigm and he's heard that and really likes both my rotel, and my speakers.

I wish I could say that we've swapped speakers or amps so I could tell you about the exact combo, but since no one else's posted I figured this was better than nothing.

I think you'd be happy with Snell/Rotel - both our systems have a similar sound right now - I'd be happy with either one.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

What I would do is listen to the combo and then try other combos and figure out what sounds best to you. If you have a snell dealership near by , listen to what they drive them with and see if you like that better or not.

I know this can be a very difficult task but if your overall sound quality and performance is Important to you , it will be worth the trouble.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"