X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

RSP-1098 Multi Input

Ok I look everywhere for this issue and I could not find any info on this.
    I just bought the RSP-1098 and RDV-1050. Sorry if this is a stupid question on hooking up the DVD-Audio portion ops: on the DVD you have Front left and right. Center, Sub and Rear Left and Right. Well on the RSP-1098 there is also connections for Center Back Left and right. Sorry once again what the hell hooks up there to the Center backs????
    I'm running 7.1 RB-1070 on the front CM6's and running RMB-1075 on center back surround and rear surround. This leaves me a bit stumped. 8O I'd like to figure out the cables and hookup before they get here, any help would be of great help from you guys..... :T

Thanks in advance

J
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Nothing.. It's there for any future 7.1 multi-channel outputs that are only supported through analog outputs.

That said, someone here put an RCA splitter on the rear outputs of their DVD player and ran the left rear output to the center and back left and the same for the right. Had pretty good results if I remember..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Fishy
      • Jul 2004

Just hook it up via the digital connection. Fibre or coxial is good.

Fish

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Digital coax/optical is a no go for DVD-A/SACD due to studio copyright paranoia and idiocy. :roll:

Just leave the back center inputs unhooked, or use Y-splitters and hook the surrounds into the surround backs as well.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin P
          Digital coax/optical is a no go for DVD-A/SACD due to studio copyright paranoia and idiocy. :roll:

Just leave the back center inputs unhooked, or use Y-splitters and hook the surrounds into the surround backs as well.
          Have you done this and how does it sound?
          Last edited by Woo Wooooo; 16 February 2005, 12:22 Wednesday. Reason: can't spell :)

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Nope, haven't done this (yet). I had a 6.1 setup w/only 2 channel SACD but lost it in a fire. I'll be going 7.1 w/Rotel stuff and a universal player next time around.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"