X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenn
    • Jun 2003

RSP-1098 retail price

I cannot find the retail price for the new RSP-1098, listed anywhere on the Rotel website. What is the current RSP-1098 retail price? Just curious, eventhough I know it will be above my current budget. Thanks.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

$2998

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Keith, is that including VAT and american or canadian dollar?

In Holland the 1098 is 3500 euro (including VAT)... which comes down almost $4000. (although a good dealer should give at least 10 to 20% discount, because standard price is too high here).

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

You're right. I didn't notice Glenn is in Canada. That's U.S. dollars Glenn, although I bet you would like it if it was Canadian dollars. Once again, the ever observant Scarp comes to the rescue.

Hey Scarp,

I can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall that you were getting your 1098 in late August or something. Is that still on? Are you still waiting?

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Glenn
          • Jun 2003

Too bad our multi-coloured Canadian currency DOES have to be exchanged at such a poor rate ... I was almost out the door, ready to line up for a 1098 at that retail price

Thanks, though, for the info Keith ... I'll continue saving my Loonies and Toonies to be exchanged for some Rotel goodies into the near future.

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

Ow man ... you guys are so lucky with those ever so low prices. I'm wondering, on a price of $3000, can you still get a discount from the local store? Or is it normal to pay the price thats on the pricetag?
            Its stupid that there has to be a $1000 price difference. I don't believe that only comes off extra costs of taxes and stuff in europe. I think they just think they can charge more here (btw germany is cheaper usually).

My 1098 should be arriving before the end of this month. The dealer I ordered it from will get the first ones in Holland and I hope I am one of the group that will get one So, hopefully more news within 3 weeks.

Comment

• Aeromos
              • Jun 2003

Glenn,

I've actually went in and asked a dealer locally. MSRP for the RSP-1098 is $4500 CDN. That's probably not going to change regardless what the exchange rate is between $US and $CDN (which for retail is normally $US x 1.5 = $CDN). The dealer I went to was giving a 10% discount though so you're pretty much looking at $4050 CDN + taxes.

Aeromos
              Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
              My Collection
              Aeromos
              Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
              My Collection

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

That's the same price my dealer has it listed for as well.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                  • Oct 2002

Shop around! I was quote 3100$ cdn for a RSP-1098, but went for the Anthem AVM20 for 100$ LESS... I think you should try other dealers. 4500$ is way to much...
                  To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Glenn
                    • Jun 2003

Levesque

Was the $3,100 CDN that was quoted for you, a price for anyone walking into this particular Rotel retailer, or are you a very good customer of theirs, thus the exceptional price??

If $3,100 truly is a possible price for the 1098, it would change my upcoming purchase decision.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                      • Oct 2002

I'm a very good and regular customer, upgrading every 6 months, and sending alot of friends there. But I think that anyone walking there with a little haggling skills could easily come out with a RSP-1098 for 3500$ cdn.
                      To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"