Rotel RSX-1056 (8 ohmx) with Vienna Acstcs. Schonberg (4 ohms)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lio2000
    • Feb 2005

Rotel RSX-1056 (8 ohmx) with Vienna Acstcs. Schonberg (4 ohms)

Dear All,
    It is the first time for me to post here and as far as I have seen in the previous threads, it is THE place to find answers to my questions about Rotel.

I just bought an RSX-1056 and DVD RDV-1060 at a local store and the dealer wanted to make me try its Viennsa Acoustics Schonberg. They were absolutely stunning in the showroom, so when I went back home with my rotel I definitely wanted to change my current speakers

However, by looking at some websites, I noticed that on the back of the rotel the impedance is "MINIUM 8 Ohms" while the Schonberg speakers are only 4 Ohms.

I am not so professional regarding this matter. Is it a problem ? does it affect significantly sound quality? am I going to fry something (ie the amp or the speaker) if I configure my HT that way?

Thank you very much for your reply
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

You should be fine. There are numerous threads on this issue if you do a search that go into more detail but the Rotel should have zero problem with the Vienna Acoustics speakers.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"