X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wwwzzz
    • Jul 2005

New System recommendations - Vienna Acoustics Haydn only existing component

I am building a new theather system from scratch and the only existing components are Vienna Acoustics Haydn speakers.

My main room is 13' x 16' and I will be setting up everything across the 13' span. In this room two walls are all windows with a wood floor and a small area rug.

1. TV - 50" Panasonic plasma (probably the TH-50PX50U but maybe the TH-50PX500U so I can remove the tv speakers) - $4000-$4500

2. Axiom Epic 60 - 350 with upgraded center - $2300:

Tower Speakers M60ti
    Surrounds QS8
    Centers VP150
    Subwoofer EP350

3. 2 Sonos systems to stream music from my computer - $2400

4. Receiver - $1000? I'm unsure about receivers:
    Denon AVR-3805
    Arcam AVR300
    Rotel RSX-1056
    I would be open to buying a higher end used receiver if there is something much better (and of course if I can find it used).

With this setup I would use the Haydn's in my bedroom and not for the theater setup. I will also need another set of small standing or bookshelf speakers that can be driven by the sonos system for another room.

I also have a low end sony dvd player with component outs that I would upgrade if that would make a big difference in dvd viewing.

Thanks
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

Welcome

:welcome: :later:

Jason,
    You seem to be on the right track that is for sure. I like the Panny 50 in Plasma good choice there IMO. The Denon 3805 is a great AV Reciever. MAP on the 3805 is 899 so you can get it for a little less than that if you look. Crutchfield sells them for 899.

Denon also makes a good line of DVD players that are well worth the money. 2910 is a great little player. You have a FINE list of stuff to choose from so I doubt that you are going to be upset either way you go to be honest with you! :T

Take the time to play with these items and see what features you like.

Have fun!

Snap
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"