X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • classicalnut
    • Jan 2005

Amp Advice Needed...

So I'm upgrading my system components and getting rid of my Teac AG-H550 in favor of MSB Gold Link DAC, MSB Digital Director, and MSB MVC-1 (multi-volume control). Currently I have a Rotel RB-1070 powering a pair of B&W 603 s3 with my old pair of 602 s2 powered by the teac for rears.

So I was thinking about a RB-1050 for the rears. And then it occured to me to look at a better amp for the fronts and put the 1070 on the rear. My current thought is a pair of RB-980BX's in mono for the fronts.

Any thoughts on this? Better suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That would work or just get the 1080 and call it a day. I really love my 1080 amp

Comment

• dpolmann
      • Dec 2004

Rb 980 Bx

I have three RB 980 BX for front left, right, center running in passive bi-amp. That's 120 wpc each to top and bottom. Running these amps in mono will give you 3 times the power (360 amps) with slightly higher distortion and a bit more noise. I prefer using these bi-amped. See thread here http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...highlight=mono

I agree with Andrew...the 1080 would work great, too.
      Don

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"