X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Rotel RB-1070 Minimum Impedance in MONO Mode

Hi there.. I'm ordering B&W 803S speakers, powered by Rotel 1080.
    As Pre/Pro i'm using Denon 3808 reciever, so for the front speakers power make RB-1080 (which is very nice and for the price is best at my opinion).

I'm thinking how to power B&W HTM3s center speaker and back speakers B&W CM1. I started to think that maybe solution can be RB-1070 in bridged mono Mode for the HTM3S and to leave whole Denon Power for the back.. But i read on Rotel site that RB-1070 in Bridged mono mode is recomend to work with speakers with minimum impedance of 8 ohms, and HTM3S minimum Impedance is near 3 Ohms. So what do u think about this? Other solution is to use RB-1070 in stereo mode for the rears, and to leave whole Denon power only for center speaker. I wanted to have as same sound for the fronts (left,right and center speaker), as possible, and this way there is possibility of different sound taste between Rotel and Denon ..

So what do u think is my perfect solution?

Darko
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yup, you will not want to run it in bridged mode on an HTM3. Aside from the increased distortion and heat, you have found the impedance problem.

I would definitely keep the power and brand even across the front. If you like the RB1080, you could look for an RMB-993. Essentially a 3 channel 1080.

Kevin D.

Comment

• specialized
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Yup, you will not want to run it in bridged mode on an HTM3. Aside from the increased distortion and heat, you have found the impedance problem.

I would definitely keep the power and brand even across the front. If you like the RB1080, you could look for an RMB-993. Essentially a 3 channel 1080.

Kevin D.
      Hmm.. Seem like perfect solution.. But Seem that is discontinueted...
      Is it still possible to order from Rotel? Or i have to search second hand (which is not perfect solution..)..

Too bad Rotel quit production of very fine models like this, and other's that are very very nice (RB-1090 is another wonderfull product which is not possible to get it new ). Or maybe im wrong?

Darko

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Correct, second hand only.

Kevin D.

Comment

• specialized
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Correct, second hand only.

Kevin D.
          It's almost impossible to find 3 channel model here second hand

I can't understund why Rotel quit production of the best models?

So, what is my solution as brand new? Rotel RB-1070 for rears and to use Denon 3808 only for center?

Darko

Comment

• artv4
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by specialized
            Hmm.. Seem like perfect solution.. But Seem that is discontinueted...
            Is it still possible to order from Rotel? Or i have to search second hand (which is not perfect solution..)..

Too bad Rotel quit production of very fine models like this, and other's that are very very nice (RB-1090 is another wonderfull product which is not possible to get it new ). Or maybe im wrong?

Darko
            LINK TO A ROTEL RB993
            GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• specialized
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by artv4

Shipping USA ONLY (I'm living in Europe)

Thanks anyway

Darko

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"