X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dinnu
    • Oct 2005

RB-1080 - Help

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a used RB-1080 on Audiogon. After hooking it up in my system (I replaced RB-980 BX with RB-1080), I noticed that I am not getting any thing out of my right speaker. I double checked all my connections and every thing looks okay. I switched the input connections (going into 1080) and now the right speaker is working but I am not getting anything out of my left speaker. Is this the symptom of the dreaded dead channel syndrome? If that is what I have, how much will it cost me to get it fixed?

Please hlep me guys....
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

So with speaker leads remaining how they were, you switched RCA's and the problem switched speakers? Sounds like the amp is fine, you've got a bad RCA (or output of the preamp).

Kevin D.

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

Take the interconnect that is producing sound, and switch it to the other channel on BOTH the preamp/processor and the power amp.

If you get sound on both channels, the interconnect is faulty.

Steve

Comment

• dinnu
        • Oct 2005

Thank you guys... it's the interconnect. I suspected the amp b'cos all I did was remove my 980 BX and use the same cables to connect to my 1080 (and my 980 was doing fine).

I have one more question... is it okay to mix and match the ICs? I just found an old IC that I am using to replace the faulty one... the other IC is an expensive one ...

Oh and one more thing.... I'm in love... with the beautiful beast ....

Thank you once again

Comment

• RickF
          • Apr 2005

I've got mixed interconnects and although some will claim otherwise I personally can't hear or see any difference whatsoever. I use good quality interconnects that don't cost a fortune.

Comment

• RickF
            • Apr 2005

Oh and BTW, congrats on the 1080. You should really enjoy the thing! If you had the bad channel problem you'll have one of the channels that will not work at all, regardless of the interconnects. I wouldn't worry about it though, I'm betting the bad 1080s to the good 1080s ratio is extremely lopsided.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"