X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emf
    • Jan 2005

RSX-1056 surround default

This issue came up a month or so ago but never received much discussion. Mods, please feel free to move or otherwise treat as necessary.

I've noticed that the surround default from DD2.0 on my RSX-1056 doesn't implement properly. When the receiver accepts 2.0 from my cable signal on an HD channel, the display shows the change to DPLII, as I intended, but the center channel recedes, often leaving the surrounds at a much higher level. In fact, no matter how I set the default, I get the same poor DPLII result. If I manually change the setting to two channels and then to DPLII, however, the proper decoding takes place. I suppose that the broadcast station could be sending the DPLII signal itself (though I doubt it), but if so, why can't the Rotel read the matrix correctly?

This isn't a deal breaker by any means for me, as much as a nuisance. But I'm wondering whether people have noticed the same thing with Rotel receivers and pre/pros. At least one other person on the board has. I do wish that the surround default setting could be shut down completely, but unless I'm mistaken, you have to make some sort of default choice and not let well enough alone. No?

Ed
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Which firmware are you running?

Comment

• emf
      • Jan 2005

Hi Andrew, 1.1.9

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"