X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eastern
    • Aug 2003

Drive Current of RMB1075

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows the max drive current of the RMB1075?
    I am in the process of buying this amp.

Thanks.
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Your dealer should be able to tell you this or get the info from Rotel for you. Otherwise e-mail techsupport at Rotel for the answer. I did a search on Yahoo and the old site to give an amperage rating waas the one below. Amperage: 145. If this is correct. THough since it has 20 output device each 15A, wouldn't the max current be 300A? Hope this helps.

http://www.lefflershifi.com/Library/Products/Rotel/RMB-1075.htm

ht_addict

Comment

• Eastern
      • Aug 2003

Just received an answer from Tech Support.

The Peak current drive is 24 A. The 20 outputs devices (4 per channel) is configured as positive/negative pairs which means that each pairs device limit is 15A, but operating limits needs to be well within the device limits. So 12A per pair for 24A per channel ... using this same logic, the RMB1095 will be 36A per channel. This is a useful point of interest to eveluate construction in comparison to other Amps.

Cheers,
      Eastern.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"