X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KAP
    • Jan 2005

1067 Popping/Crackling Noise?

I just had a Rotel 1067 installed in a dedicated home theater. The installer believes there is a problem with a chip or two in the 1067.

The speakers make a frequent popping sound (like wood cracking in a fireplace). This sound is made from all 5 speakers sporadically. The popping is especially bad when changing channels on the satellite receiver. Is anyone familiar with this issue?
  • ThomasJ
    • Dec 2004

I started a thread based on this issue with the 1056 I had. Mine would sometimes snap/crackle out of the centre channel when turning Cinema EQ on and would also snap occasionally at random out the other speakers. I was told it was a defect and might take a while to fix so I returned it for a Pioneer 56TXi(no snapping).

Comment

• KAP
      • Jan 2005

Hmmm. That is not good news. My popping noise is constant........every DSP mode and every source. I emailed Rotel for advice. I'll call my local retailer and see what they recommend. I'm hoping to bring mine in and simply exchange it.

Comment

• Frustrated
        • Jan 2005

Popping sound

Originally posted by KAP
        I just had a Rotel 1067 installed in a dedicated home theater. The installer believes there is a problem with a chip or two in the 1067.

The speakers make a frequent popping sound (like wood cracking in a fireplace). This sound is made from all 5 speakers sporadically. The popping is especially bad when changing channels on the satellite receiver. Is anyone familiar with this issue?
        At what volume level do you hear the sound?

Comment

• KAP
          • Jan 2005

The popping is at any listening level that is not extremely loud and musical. When watching a concert DVD at a loud volume, I do not notice the popping. However, between songs and during a semi-quiet song, the popping is audible.

When the volume is completely down there is a hum in each speaker.

Comment

• metallo
            • Sep 2004

Does your 1067 indicate anything "strange" in its display when it "popps"?

Maybe you are experiencing heavy ground problem, try disconnect everything and only connect a loose FM-wire for the radio.

and check your loudspeaker wires, try to only connect the two fronts.

if you still gets "popps", return it, if not, reconnect one thing after another...

/Daniel

Comment

• KAP
              • Jan 2005

Good news and bad news. My dealer spoke with Rotel and they are aware of an existing problem. Not all, but a fair number of 1067's (at least in the batch of which mine is a part) have either of bad chip or a bad connection with the chip.

A new batch with the fix is shipping from England next week. So I'll replace mine with one of those when they arrive. Problem solved........I hope!!!

Comment

• Frustrated
                • Jan 2005

What you probably have is a bad volume chip on your input board. I can't believe that problem got bye their QC departement. I agree with metallo...return it.

Comment

• scient
                  • Feb 2005

I notice the same problem with my 1056! What now? Return?

Comment

• Lancer
                    • Feb 2005

I too have just had my 1067 installed. Just finished watching the Super Bowl and the popping was in all of my speakers. Very loud and often. This is very disappointing. I have had Rotel and still have rotel and B&W speakers throughout. Do not know what to do but contact my dealer.

Comment

• scient
                      • Feb 2005

Talk to Rotel. They said they know about this problem (its a manufacturing defect, bad resistor) and they are replacing mine with a new unit.

Comment

• Frustrated
                        • Jan 2005

Bad resistor?

Originally posted by scient
                        Talk to Rotel. They said they know about this problem (its a manufacturing defect, bad resistor) and they are replacing mine with a new unit.
                        Sorry to say guys. Bad or open resistors to not create popping noises. There feeding you alot of garbage.

Comment

• KAP
                          • Jan 2005

The new shipment should be here in a week or so. I'll return mine for a new one at that point. Hopefully, the new one will work. If not, I'll return it and get a different receiver.

The Super Bowl was difficult to watch (listen to). The popping is very frequent and comes from all five speakers. I just hope it isn't damaging my new Paradigms!!!

Comment

• scient
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Frustrated
                            Sorry to say guys. Bad or open resistors to not create popping noises. There feeding you alot of garbage.
                            I really dont care as much to the reason as to the fact that Rotel said they would replace my amp with a new one.
                            To be more precise he said it was a bad resistor along the path of the timing circuit. Or maybe he just didnt feel like giving me a long winded explanation of what was exactly wrong. Either way I like the way Rotel handled it and thats what I think really matters.

Comment

• KAP
                              • Jan 2005

I agree with that. I don't care what the problem is. I'm very pleased with the way that both my local dealer and Rotel are addressing the issue. Customer Service is the name of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"