X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan webster
    • Jan 2005

1075 vs 1095 worth the upgrade?

I currently use the 1075 with a 1098 processor. I was wondering if upgrading to the 1095 would be much of an improvement. I use the 1050 for my sixth channel rear surround.
    I user axiom speakers which are very efficient and my room is 14 x 24. If anyone has any info on this i would like to hear it.
    Dan
  • dermie999
    • Jul 2004

Hi Dan

I have a room about the same size as yours and have efficient speakers as well and I use an RSP 1098 driving an RB 1080 for the front speakers and an RMB 1075 for the centre and rears. I would suggest that you don't need an RMB 1095 for the additional power. I'm not sure sonically whether the 1095 is an improvement over the 1075 but for surround sound in my room I am completely happy with the 1075. If you are also a music listener I would suggest getting an amp such as the RB 1080 for the front speakers as this amp gives a better music reproduction than the 1075. So my suggestion is to save the money you would spend on a 1095 and spend some of it on a 1080.

Trevor

Comment

• Jeff
      • Dec 2004

Dan, I spend Friday and Saterday at my dealer listening to B&W 704's and N803's. Both were powered by the 1075 using a 1098 pre/pro. I didn't like it at all,on either speaker. The sound was very two dimensional and lack dynamics. The salesmen then incerted a Proceed Amp 2 at 125 wpc for the front r/l. Everything changed! It was wonderfully detailed with what seemed like lots of reserve power, dynamic, etc, etc. Frankly, I was a disappointed with the 1075. Being a Rotel fan I wouldn't have believed the difference had I not heard it. Yes, the Proceed is a good amp. But it shouldn't have stomped on the 1075 like it did.

I was 2 channel listening to cd's, not 5.1.

Upgrading your front r/l channels with an rb-1080 would be an improvement (I own this amp and like it). However, you would only be fixing part of the problem. There are three other speakers which would remain unchanged. Granted it's $1,000 more than the 1080, but the rmb-1095 would provide all speakers with the same dynamics and power reserves, not just the front r/l. IMO go with the 1095. You won't be second guessing yourself later.

Comment

• dan webster
        • Jan 2005

Thanks for the information.
        Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"