X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg K
    • Jul 2003

RB 1070 2 channel vs 5 channel

I recently got a RB 1070 130 w amp and really like it.Using it to power the front channels of a HK AVR 520.I have been wondering if I would Loose any"2 channel Punch" if I upgraded to one of the Rotel 5 channel amps.Cking specs ,I noticed there are some differnces ,damping, etcI t seems that the 2 channel amps are a little stronger spec wise

Thanks
    Greg
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Yes, you will loose a bit control of the speakers when comparing the 1075 and the 1070. The 1070 is somewhat better. But its not a lot loss.

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

I agree with Scarp, Greg. I don't think you'd lose much at all. The damping factor on all Rotel amps is just fine, so don't sweat that. I am kind of curious as to why you want to add the 5 channel amp when you just recently got the RB 1070. Is it a situation where you enjoyed the improvement of the 1070 and want to add that improvement to all 5 channels? Can you still return the 1070 for a full upgrade to a five channel. You might also want to tell us some other things like how big your room is, your listening habits (ie, do you sometimes like to shake the building down like I do), and how efficient your speakers are. That way, we could better advise on which of Rotel's five channel amps might best suit you, if you decide that's a change you want to make.

Oh, and most importantly, welcome to Club Rotel. Hope to see you here more often.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• sdecker
        • Jun 2002

gregg,

I have a 1070 amp paired with a 985mkII. The 985 is a great amp, but the 1070 sounds better to me. Music seems to have alittle more punch down low with the 1070. I would recommend that you keep the 1070 and get a 1075 down the road.

earle

Comment

• Greg K
          • Jul 2003

I like the 1070 a lot,and thought getting the 5 channel amp would be a good start in the direction of getting Rotel seperates,but not really sure that gaining better amplification for center and rears would be worth the "hit" I would take on 2 channel quality.The HK's have pretty good amps for mass market AV recievers,and since I dont listen to ant multi channel music, I'm just fishing for opinions.The shop also has an older
          971 70w amp demo and I had thougth about using it and bridging it and using it for a center amp.The way I see it ,you can never have too many good amps .As I said ,I am just looking at what options I have,would hate to spend a fair amount ,and then change directions later down the road.Thank for any opinions and advise

Greg

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Something I've learned, if it's any help, is that one needs to think not just for the moment, but for down the road. So, as far as I'm concerned, you're doing it just right by thinking it through carefully.

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• Greg K
              • Jul 2003

Opps, the room is approx 15x12.Its about a 60/40 split HT to 2 channel usage.Harmon Kardon AVR 520 reciever,70 WPC.Front speakers are
              Mordaunt-Short MS 908's.and rears are AR TSW 510's,with an Adire Rava sub.Not looking to really "knock"down walls,but the extra power and quality of the 1070 really impressed me.I thought better amps for the center channel would help a lot ,since that is probobly 70% of most HT sound.

Again
              Thanks
              Greg

Comment

• teekster
                • Jul 2003

In preparation for a 7.1 pre/pro (1098 ), I just added an RB 1070 to my RMB 1075. The 1070 is now controlling the mains (Kef Reference model 2). I do notice a minor improvement compared to the 1075 on stereo sources.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"