X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raphie
    • Nov 2004

RB-1070 or RMB-1095 for fronts

I have both and they are connected to my RSP-1068 in my 7.1 setup, any experience which one would serve the best as stereo L/R?

1. the 1095 because 200W ch and then both L/R and Center have the same aplification?
    2. The 1070 since this one has a dedicated power supply for 2ch and a higher damping factor?, but is "only" a 135W a ch?

I know the best thing would be to upgrade the 1070 to 1080, but already had the 1070 and just purchased the 1095 + 1068

ThnX

Raphie
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Raphie try both and let your ears decide What sort of music do you listen to and how loud do you like it?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Raphie,

I'd second Andrew re "listen to both and let your ears decide" it will be a good experience for your - however I'm 99% certain that you will like the 1095 better for your fronts - it's a very good amp with huge current drive capabilities and much closer to the 1080 sound in quality than the 1070 - so I'd be betting that you will relegate the 1070 to your Surround Backs...

Geoff

Comment

• H.Donald
        • Aug 2004

Raphie,
        I was using the 1075/1070 combo to drive my 7.1 system.A few weeks ago I replaced the 1075 with the 1095...and started using the 1070 to drive the rears.
        My assumption was that the 200 watts would simply sound better and be wasted on the rears...true or not I do not know..but I have been blown away by the 1095 driving the fronts.It seems to sound better everyday as it settles in.This more than anything has kept my curiousity at bay...also it is a pain in the butt getting behind my cabinet.Having said that...the 1070 was a great improvement over the 1075 when I allowed it to drive my fronts.In the future I may switch them around but for now I'm still enjoying the 1095's performance...should you try please report back.
        Herm

Comment

• hired goon
          • Aug 2004

G'day,

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
          ... and much closer to the 1080 sound in quality than the 1070
          So is there an audible difference in sound quality between the 1080 and the 1095?

-- Geoff

Comment

• Raphie
            • Nov 2004

Thanks guys, i'll settle with the 1095 for the fronts for now
            It tends to sounds better than the 1070 (though i need to get used to the rsp-1068 sound as well)

I also need to get used to my new ARCAM CD192 player, plus i am experimenting with some powercords and interlinks. I will set this setup settle for a bit and then start swapping amps around to see if there is any gain.

ThnX

Raphie

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"