X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

Rotel 1068/1075 low level hum

Hello all, I have read this before and do not remember the answer. I just bought a new 1068 and 1075. I have the B & W 601.3 with a Velodyne HGX12 sub.
    Everything that I can tell is hooked up correctly. Problem is that I have a low
    hum out of both channels. Not out of the center. When I turn the volume to min then it is quiet.
    I do have the equipment on the same electric run. There is nothing else on that same run.
    The sub is also plugged into the same outlet. Is there something I am missing and can try to insure it is quiet?
    On a seperate issue
    Also I have the RBG plugs from the cable box into the 1068 and then an RBG cable to the tv. I do not want to have the stereo on all the time the tv is on. Is there a better way? Do I need the cable box going to the 1068? I do have HDTV but only a few channels.
    I bought all the equipment only after reading everyones thoughts. It sounds great. Hope to upgrade the speakers in the future. Any thoughts on the hum will help. I do have a Monster 5100 on the way. I am sure this will help but may not fix it. Thanks for the help and any advise.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Ground loops which the 5100 should address, and cable routing are probably the 2 biggest noise making culprits. Make certain you don't have any a.c. lines routed next to signal carrying or speaker lines as both can introduce 60 cycle hum. It is o.k. to cross them, just not wise to run them paralleled.

Comment

• Boone38
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for the update. I am going to try and reroute the wires to get rid of the hum.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"