X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venturi
    • Dec 2004

1060 region code

Since there is no law against this.

How do I add regions or open it up wide to 'all' on my region 1 DVD 1060????

Rotel has 'all' enabled dvd players in other countries. I asked tech support (rotel)and they said that even though there is no law against selling region free players, that they do it for region 1 to appease some hollywood politics. Thre is in addition nothing to prevent the consumer from enabling it.

So

HOW do I enable region 2 (or all) on my region 1 DVD 1060???? I have alot of region 1 and 2 dvds and would like to play them both.
  • LRotel
    • Apr 2005

Searching & searching....

I'v tried to find this info to with no luck (Sorry for my engliz)

It semes any other player around have this option clutering with the remote control, on a few Rotel dvd players there is a ..hm.. Patch.. you can do with the RC but not on the 1050 & 1060's.

I guess since the player comes with a computer interface and are upgraded with the Terminal app, there should'nt be "all that difficult" to figure out for you software nutts.. :W

Realy hope someone gives me the ability to watch my Sone 1 movies without the usage of that Philips DPV630 Sh#%t player..

Waiting with the DuDe ower...Zzzzzz z.

Lars.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The 232 port on the 1060's are for control only. All software updates are done by CD's inserted into the player.. There's hacked firmware CD's out their for other brands, but Rotel probably isn't big enough to warrant someone figuring it out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Marcel54
        • Jan 2004

Lars,

I live in Europe too and as far as I know Rotel delivers his DVD-players in Europe regionfree. At least my 1060 came regionfree in the box, so.. ask your dealer or importer.

Marcel

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"