X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotelfan
    • Dec 2004

Rotel RSX-1055 Volume Control?

Hi, I just purchased a demo RSX-1055 unit, and new to this club. I have a question regarding the volume control of the 1055 (I know it's been discussed before), but I don't understand why I have to turn the volume up more than half (50/90) in order to get the same equivalent loudness of my old Pioneer unit. Does it mean my unit is defective and not operating at 75watts per channel? Although I must admit that the sound is much cleaner, spacious ...I have a pair of Def Tech 2006s with the active sub.

The other question is would I see a bigger improvement in upgrading my analog interconnects or digital interconnects when listening to music? I have a pioneer 563 DVD player which has a decent DAC onboard.

Thanks, and I'm glad I found this club.

Tom
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

wrong forum :roll:

welcome to the Guide though, very good group of members we have here :T

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi,

I moved this to thre right forum!

Geoff

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Might as well delete, he's all ready started a thread in the right forum..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Rotelfan,
          ... would I see a bigger improvement in upgrading my analog interconnects or digital interconnects when listening to music? I have a pioneer 563 DVD player which has a decent DAC onboard.
          It dependes on how you listen to music. If you use anything other than pure Bypass Stereo then the RSX-1055 will be redigitising your analog signal anyhow - in which case it is going to be better to use the digital interconnect and have good ones (Like the CatCables Silver Digital Coaxes I use). In this way you get the pure digital signal from the CD or DVD into the Receiver which is then processed for subwoofer, rear channels, time delay etc and then converted to analogue...

If you listen to pure bypass stereo only (2 channels no subwoofer) then the analog cables will help...

Of course if you have SACD or DVD-A then you can only use analogue cables... (but I guess you wouldn't be asking then)

Geoff

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"